Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

acid reflux - need HELP

I'm sure that my 10 day old has acid reflux. She screams within 5 minutes of being put on her back to sleep in the basinette and I find that she has vomit in her hair (even though I burped her). She is in the midst of a screaming/ fussy period that has gone on for more than 5 hours. We're seeing the pediatrician tomorrow. Any tips on how to survive the night??? Were going to start by putting her to sleep in her car seat. I'm sorry if this is incoherent. I'm on an hour of sleep.
DD born 11/20/11

Re: acid reflux - need HELP

• Options
    burp after a half oz, assuming LO is bottle fed.  Keep upright for 30 minutes after feeding, carseat is a great idea.
  • Options
    I sit mine in their car seats for 20-30mins after feeding or if Im bottle feeding I sit them in there to feed, burp very often and try not to move them around alot during and after feedings. hope you find something that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm breastfeeding. Pedi isn't ready to call it reflux yet. I'm going to try all of these tips. Thank you so much.
    DD born 11/20/11
  • Options
    If your LO seems uncomfortable a lot - screaming, vomiting, arching her back (that's a big sign) then I would really push for the meds. They work fast so you'll know within a few days if they're helping. And when they help, they REALLY help. Zantac is very safe and worth a shot if it makes LO feel better!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options
    Oh and DS sleeps in his swing or chair at all times. We don't even try to lay him flat because it never works. Once they are older and get past the reflux they'll sleep in the crib just fine.

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"