TTC After a Loss
Options

Now I'm dreaming/hoping...

I do a lot of my thinking when I'm in the car driving to and from work.  I saw a little boy with his dad at the bus stop and it instantly brought having a baby to my mind. Just last year I was thinking about TTC and knew it could take some time to get pregnant.  I never knew I would struggle with keeping the baby.  Now instead of thinking I will have a baby one day..I dream/hope I will have a baby one day.  My husband always says, "when we have a baby..."  I always respond, "if we have a baby..." He tells me not to think that way.  But honestly, there is no other way for me to think.  *Sigh*  Having a miscarriage takes out all the innocent feelings of pregnancy.

Re: Now I'm dreaming/hoping...

• Options

imageRedRose84:
    I do a lot of my thinking when I'm in the car driving to and from work.  I saw a little boy with his dad at the bus stop and it instantly brought having a baby to my mind. Just last year I was thinking about TTC and knew it could take some time to get pregnant.  I never knew I would struggle with keeping the baby.  Now instead of thinking I will have a baby one day..I dream/hope I will have a baby one day.  My husband always says, "when we have a baby..."  I always respond, "if we have a baby..." He tells me not to think that way.  But honestly, there is no other way for me to think.  *Sigh*  Having a miscarriage takes out all the innocent feelings of pregnancy.

It definitely does.  But try not to give up hope.  *hugs*

BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• Options

imageRedRose84:

This is my biggest fear about actually getting pregnant, that I won't be able to be blissfully happy..but try to stay positive. Tell yourself "when" not "if".  You can do it!! FX for you for better luck in the future.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRedRose84:

It does...and I hate it! I agree with Max and your DH...try to keep positive thoughts!

Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel this way sometimes, too.  The pure joy I felt when I found out the first time I was expecting will probably not be without the anxiety now if I am blessed again, but I have to hope.  Please don't lose it.  Besides, I hear from everyone who has had their babies that all of the waiting and struggling is sooooo worth it.  Hugs.

BFP #1 2/24/11 EDD 10/21/11 Natural m/c at 8weeks 3/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

? PgAL/PAL Always Welcome ?

• Options
    Keep hoping!  I had similar thoughts to you while I was walking to the train from work today.  The innocent feelings are definitely gone but won't ultimately ruin the experience. 
    BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKp'sbabyzoe:

imageRedRose84:

This is my biggest fear about actually getting pregnant, that I won't be able to be blissfully happy..but try to stay positive. Tell yourself "when" not "if".  You can do it!! FX for you for better luck in the future.

This.  Even the first go round, I was more terrified of the thought of a m/c than I was having a small human to take care of should the pregnancy go full term.  Now that I've had my worst fear confirmed once, I'm nervous that I'm going to be a complete basket case next time!  Since we had TTC issues getting the first BFP, I've said "if we have kids..." for the last few years.  My DH always corrects me too. 

Anyway, All I can say is GL and I hope you get your BFP soon!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, you guys always understand and make me feel so much better.  I'm doing my best to stay positive, just don't want to get my hopes up.  **Hugs to you all**
  • Options

I'm the same way, sadly about thinking "if we have a baby"...It sucks but sometimes after a loss that's just how we feel.

((Hugs)) to you. And for the record, I say keep on dreaming and hoping. It's better to be hopeful and optimistic than to always be down and negative. 

I hope you get your sticky take home baby soon! 

• Options
    I always say 'if' as well, I'm still pretty heartbroken and absolutely terrified of starting this journey again.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • Options
    I am scared as well, but still excited at the possibility of someday being a Mom.  It is true, a BFP is no longer the real prize but just the start of a long journey.  Big hug and best wishes, and we'll keep on moving one day at a time.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

Yes, I too say "if."  I think that's very normal for us, because we have sadly learned that we are not in control of having a baby or not.  RedRose, FX for a BFP and a sticky baby soon.  I very much want it to be "when" and not "if" for you!  I know it's hard, but success and a take home baby are in the future for most of us, and I hope you get yours soon!

• Options
    I say "when."  I hope this isn't controversial by saying this - but I know I will have a baby someday.  It may take much longer than I first anticipated, and it may not be a biological baby, but I will have a baby and a family someday.  I know not everyone can say this, due to age or financial reasons, but the odds are in favor for most people on this board that it WILL happen. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you so much ladies!

Living - That is a great way to look at things! :] 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"