Preemies
Options

How to help a friend with a preemie

Hello,

One of my best friends gave birth yesterday at 27 weeks. Her little girl is 2.5 lbs, but seems to be doing well. She does have some health problems that will require surgery sooner rather than later but they are still sorting that out. I don't live nearby but I would like to do something for them. They are obviously expecting a long NICU stay. She had NOTHING prepared for baby (it's her second child, no previous PTL and a seemingly completely normal pregnancy.)  Can you think of anything besides emotional support that you would have found really helpful during that stressful time?

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to help a friend with a preemie

• Options

You are a great friend for wanting to help. Check our the "how to help" tab on our Preemie Resource Blog (link my siggy) for our board's collective tips on how friends and family can help when a baby is in the NICU. 

Also feel free to send your friend to the blog or to this group for support-its so important to talk to people who understand what you are going through.

My DD was also born at 27 weeks and now she is a healthy and happy 9 month old! She was in the NICU for 73 days but all babies are different. 

Sending your friend lots of positive thoughts for a quick and drama free NICU stay!

• Options
    That's great. Thanks! I didn't even see that tab- I haven't been on the boards in a LONG time. So glad your DD is healthy! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    is there a "let's dish" around her?  you could buy pre-made frozen meals for her as an easy meal option for whenever they are at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"