Minnesota Babies

OBGYN recommendations?

My husband and I just found out that we are pregnant!

We are trying to figure out where to go for OBGYN, as I have done everything previous with my primary physician.  Any suggestions in the Robbinsdale/Plymouth/Maple Grove area?

We would ask friends and family, but we are nervous to talk to anyone about it right now, as we are so early along.  

Thanks. 

Re: OBGYN recommendations?

• C&HC&H member

Congrats! I have seen Dr Amy Brown at Ob Gyn & infertility associates for the last 10 years. The office I go to is over near the new MG hospital and they also deliver there. I have seen a few other female obgyn's at that office when she was unavailable and have been happy with all of them. Their website is www.obgynmn.com.

Heather
  • I go to Oakdale OBGYN.  I go to the Maple Grove office inside the Maple Grove Hospital.  They also have an office in Plymouth and in Robbinsdale and delivery at both Maple Grove Hospital and North Memorial Hospital.

I have chosen not to see an individual doctor because you will have the doctor on-call at your time of delivery and I wanted a familiar face rather than a 'stranger.'  However, if we have complications, we will see one individual doctor who will then be more familiar with our pregnancy.  Good luck to you! 

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• Loading the player...
  • I also go to Oakdale OB/GYN. I do my best to see Dr. McEvoy - I really like her (and she is expecting a little one in January). 
  • If you're open to a MW, I loved mine.  I saw Kira Weier at Park Nicollet-Meadowbrook (St. Louis Park).  The whole practice is fantastic though.  I saw a few different midwives and they all were wonderful.

And I delivered (a VBAC) at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park and loved it.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageluvinlifeMN:

I go to Oakdale OBGYN.  I go to the Maple Grove office inside the Maple Grove Hospital.  They also have an office in Plymouth and in Robbinsdale and delivery at both Maple Grove Hospital and North Memorial Hospital.

I have chosen not to see an individual doctor because you will have the doctor on-call at your time of delivery and I wanted a familiar face rather than a 'stranger.'  However, if we have complications, we will see one individual doctor who will then be more familiar with our pregnancy.  Good luck to you! 

All of this!  I saw nearly everyone and liked them all.

• Congrats, my husband and I just found out as well! 

I go to North Clinic in MG-and it's fantastic!  I've had 1 baby related appt. (other checkups as well) with WHNP Jana Haxton, but she's awesome and I highly recommend her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"