April 2011 Moms

Ok, does sex still hurt?

I just have to ask and I apologize in advance for the extreme over share.

We lube the sh!t out of everything and I realize I'm more dry because I'm BFing. At my annual, dr said everything is healed just fine. But it almost feels like I'm tearing at the beginning of sex every single time. It also literally feels like my vagina is closing up. It still feels good eventually, but it hurts like a b*tch before and after. Anyone else? Just me with an angry vagina?

Re: Ok, does sex still hurt?

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    Oh no! I am not having oain anymore, but I know you aren't alone.  Have you thought about following up with your doctor about this? 

Yea, at my annual, I told her about the pain and she poked around with a q-tip and said she didn't see anything wrong. I'm considering making an appointment with another dr, but I wanted to check here and see if 7 month postpartum angry vagina is common before I go complaining.   

• I have asked the H before when he had the razors installed.  Yes it's still uncomfortable and I had a c-section.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelilylow:
    I have asked the H before when he had the razors installed.  Yes it's still uncomfortable and I had a c-section.

This for me too- I've been blaming it on my seriously low sex drive. And the BFing.... I love that I'm still doing it, but I'm so ready for my hormones to be normal again!!

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• What's "sex"?   LOL Seriously tho- so sorry you are going thru this. I am No Help because I haven't had any since LO was conceived... I would check with another doctor too tho.

• imageGrace0609:
    Yep.  OB wanted to know about it if it lasted longer than a couple months and said she would refer to one of the physical therapists who can work on biofeedback, muscle exercises down there.  Apparently it is not uncommon.  Pain lasted until about 6 months post partum with DS1, and is still ongoing this time.  I am seeing the PT for backpain postpartum, and she is the same one who does the pelvic floor stuff, so I am hoping it helps with that too!  Might be something to ask about. 

Thanks so much, good to know! 

• It still hurts! Although, we don't have sex often so that could be it too... use it or lose it! The last 2 times I had sex I actually bled a little bit. Does anyone else have that problem? I guess I need to set up an appointment with my OB (I need to get my BC shot and go to my annual anyway). 
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you using the minipill? I found that the mini pill made me super, super dry and that using lube did nothing for us! Because I was so dry, sex was awful and my vagina was so sore and I felt the same as you! I stop taking the mini pill when LO was 3 1/2 months old because my DH and I were desperate to have great sex again, and now everything is great! No dryness, no soreness! I am exclusively breastfeeding and have found that we don't need any lube cause I'm not dry anymore.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilylow:
    I have asked the H before when he had the razors installed.  Yes it's still uncomfortable and I had a c-section.

Same here. I know I'm dry because of breastfeeding, but it's horrible.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagenaomib86:
    Are you using the minipill? I found that the mini pill made me super, super dry and that using lube did nothing for us! Because I was so dry, sex was awful and my vagina was so sore and I felt the same as you! I stop taking the mini pill when LO was 3 1/2 months old because my DH and I were desperate to have great sex again, and now everything is great! No dryness, no soreness! I am exclusively breastfeeding and have found that we don't need any lube cause I'm not dry anymore.

May I ask what birth control method you're using? Sorry if I'm an idiot. Condoms? What? Because I'm on the minipill, so I'm thinking this might be my problem.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageshaindelr:

imagenaomib86:
    Are you using the minipill? I found that the mini pill made me super, super dry and that using lube did nothing for us! Because I was so dry, sex was awful and my vagina was so sore and I felt the same as you! I stop taking the mini pill when LO was 3 1/2 months old because my DH and I were desperate to have great sex again, and now everything is great! No dryness, no soreness! I am exclusively breastfeeding and have found that we don't need any lube cause I'm not dry anymore.

May I ask what birth control method you're using? Sorry if I'm an idiot. Condoms? What? Because I'm on the minipill, so I'm thinking this might be my problem.

Nothing here. I'm not willing to mess with hormones and condoms sound like sandpaper to me.  

• imagelilylow:

Same here... I'm going to tell my husband it's just my angry vagina!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I have a desert for a vagina & it doesn't matter how much lube we use. I can't wait to stop BFing so I can have normal sex again!
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Two nights ago was the first time it didn't hurt and we didn't use any lube. I'm chalking it up to major foreplay. It seriously hurt though every time and I had a c/s. I've always been on the "dry" side though. I think you should def talk to your doctor (or new one). 7 months of pain is not fun :(
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshaindelr:

imagenaomib86:

We are not doing anything b/c the mini pill made me feel like I was crazy! I am breastfeeding exclusively and still have not gotten pregnant, so hopefully it won't happen while I'm nursing! When my period does return we are going to use the standard days method b/c I don't want to mess with my hormones anymore.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still hurts, but we have only DTD 3 times since LO was born. I am hoping it will just get better the more we try.
    Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • I had this problem when I was breastfeeding and asked my doctor about it.  She said that the hormones during BF can dry everything out so that when you have sex, that area is more sore with the friction.  She recommended lubricant to help, but that never fully helped me with the first several minutes of sex.

I ended up having to wean my little guy early due to an unexpected surgery.  Less than a month later the pain stopped as my body got back to normal :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"