Baby Names

Am I losing it-- boy name Birch

Is Birch completely crazy for a boy name? We have a name (or two, depending on the day), and I think I'm just getting antsy in my last few weeks of being pregnant. With my first son, we picked his name in the last week and I was in love with it. This time, I 95% love it, and there's a small part of me that thinks we should consider other options.

FWIW, our style is a bit unique. We don't want top 100, we want a simple name that is nickname proof. The name we've semi-settled on is Brooks.

Is Birch ridiculous? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I losing it-- boy name Birch

• I think it would be a cute middle name. Not sure I like it as a first name though.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imagebread&jam:
    I think it would be a cute middle name. Not sure I like it as a first name though.

Ya I thought the same thing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Brooks is better than Birch.

I hear ya on second guessing yourself though. I started second guessing DD's name about two weeks before she was born. However, we were team green and totally thought we were having a boy, so I tried not to stress. Turns out, she is a little girl and I love the name that we had chosen for her!

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • Not sure how I feel about it. I think it could grow on me. However, I like Brooks much better.
    BabyFruit Ticker *****Mommy's Meatball*****
  • I'm not a fan.  Brooks, however, is a great name!
    imageimageimage
  • Haha thanks ladies-- I think I'm just antsy. You're right, we should stick with Brooks.
  • While Birch would fit in with the naming style in Portland, I think Brooks is probably the better choice.

Birch is awfully close to b*tch imo.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Birch is a tree, not a child. Stick with Brooks

• Birch beer is delicious! But the name Birch is not great, but Brooks is!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • imagel_elizabeth:

imagebread&jam:
    I think it would be a cute middle name. Not sure I like it as a first name though.

Ya I thought the same thing. 

Yes

BabyName Ticker
  • LOVE Brooks.  It is our top boy choice right now.  I am not a fan of Birch.  I just think Birch beer.
  • I LOVE Brooks.  Birch--not so much.  What about Burke? 
  • I LOVE it! But I'm known to love "hippie" names. I do think it sounds masculine when said aloud, but I might reconsider only because at first glance I saw "***" lol
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • I love Brooks.............I also went to school with a boy named Birch Abraham. He did fine with that name.
  • love Brooks. Birch looks nice on paper, but is a bit awkward when said, and as PP said is too close to B!tch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it, a lot better than Brooks. But I like that style of names- one syllable, unique, hippie-ish.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I used to know a guy named Birch...he was far from granola.    I also know a little girl named Cedar.  I kinda like the tree names in theory...but I'm far too much of a traditionalist to actually name my future kids that.  

This post will probably come back to bite me.  I totally foresee this being dug up when I post some ridiculous hippie name.  Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • too close to the B word for a name...

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • I teased a kid in school named Birch by calling him Bird. I wouldn't do Birch.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimage
  • I can only think of a tree when I hear Birch.  sorry.  I like that you are sticking with your criteria of no top 100s and nn proof, though.  IMO it's much better than Brayden or Jaylon, etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"