C-sections

wheres the baby sleeping?

I am wondering what all you ladies have your babies sleeping in?  I am unsure what I want to put baby in and what will be easiest for my recovery.  Thanks!
Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: wheres the baby sleeping?

• Are you asking about sleeping place as in crib, pnp, bassinet or clothing?  Your post was a bit vague.

The baby will be in the bassinet in our room.  It will sleep in either a long sleeved onesie and a sleep bag or a sleep and play with a swaddle blanket.  More layers, I suppose, if it's cold in our room  for some reason that night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For the first half hour of the first night she slept in the PnP in our room. For the next two weeks she slept on my chest in bed. I really just couldn't stand not having a hand on her. After that (once it was tolerable to sleep on my side) she slept next to me in the bed. Having her in the bed just made it easier. I didn't have to move much to nurse her.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The co sleeper really came in handy during my recovery.  It attatches right to your bed.  Check it out:

https://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=361121&catid=186695&aid=338666&aparam=361121

This is the one I have.

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• imageArdmhs83:

The co sleeper really came in handy during my recovery.  It attatches right to your bed.  Check it out:

https://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=361121&catid=186695&aid=338666&aparam=361121

This is the one I have.

Same here, we bought a co sleeeper for the baby to sleep in.

Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • cradle or RNP next to my bed..it did hurt getting up to get him out in the beginning..but I got good at it (you're going to have to get up to change diapers anyways..so no avoiding it)
  • Crib - both my boys went into their rooms in their cribs from night 1 home. It was hard at all to go to them to nurse or get them out of the nap. 

During the day for the first 8 wks they took naps in the pnp in the living room.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Crib - both my boys went into their rooms in their cribs from night 1 home. It wasn't hard at all to go to them to nurse or get them out of the crib. 

During the day for the first 8 wks they took naps in the pnp in the living room.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For the first month, a bassinet beside our bed. For the first week home (after 4 days in the hospital) DH was also off work and when DD woke in the night, DH would change her while I took my time sitting up in bed, I'd nurse her, and then DH would rock her to sleep (she was a sucker, and we didn't want to give her a paci, so DH let her suck on his finger... in hindsight we should've given her a paci). After that first week, (DD was 1.5 wks) I was able to get up pretty easily and got DD myself. She was only getting up a couple times a night. I nursed her sitting up in bed still b/c it was difficult to get out of the rocker with her in my arms. When DD was a month old we moved her to her crib. I could by then moved easily, sit in the rocker, reach into the crib, etc. without difficulty. And she was only waking up once a night.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS1&2 both slept in a co-sleeper that was in the bed with me. It worked ok but I wasn't thrilled with it. As soon as I could move ok they were in a bassinet next to my bed but I didn't like that I couldn't see them when I was laying down. This time I'll get the co-sleeper that goes next to the bed. LO and DS2 will be sharing a room so LO can't sleep in their crib until they are STTN.
  • We started off with the pnp and he hated it. So we tried a basinett and he wasn't a fan. He loved the swing, but we didn't want to get him "hooked" on that. We bought a Rock n Play and it was the best investment.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • LO's crib was in our room at the foot of our bed (if that's what you mean). He slept in our room until we moved him into his own room in August. It was out of necessity (spare room was occupied) and was easier for me to care for him without putting to much strain on myself during recovery. I only had to walk a few feet to get to him.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She sleeps in a pnp in our room.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • When I had DD, she slept in a cradle that started out beside of the bed and then moved gradually across the hall into her room.  It was very easy to get her in an out of without any contact at the incision site.  That is the plan with this one, as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"