Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Do you celebrate St. Nick?

I used to love St. Nick day when I was younger and figured we would keep the tradition for DS. Although I don't know many other people that "celebrate" the day..do you or did you when you were younger?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Do you celebrate St. Nick?

• Options
    My husband and I did as children and have carried on the tradition.  This year we will help our daughter write out a Christmas list and place it in her stocking.  In the morning, her stocking will be full of goodies.
  • Options
    We do!  I celebrated as a child and have kept the tradition going.  My mom always had us put our slippers outside our bedroom door the night before and then the next morning we awoke to find new slippers filled with goodies.  I've been doing the same for DD and I think this will be the first year she actually "gets" it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRead2Me:
      I've been doing the same for DD and I think this will be the first year she actually "gets" it.

Yes..this is why I am a bit more excited this year.  I think DS will love it!  He is also getting a scooby doo ornament, which he will go crazy over!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I didn't do it as a kid, but I do it now with my kids. They each get a new Christmas book with a religious theme. I might include one of those candy canes of candy this year because my 4 year old is obsessed with them. She goes to a Catholic preschool and I won't be surprised if they celebrate there too.  

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    We did when I was growing up but I do not carry the tradition with my daughter.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't know what this is.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes!  I LOVE St. Nick!  Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    yes I do!  I was able to tell DH all about it and now it's a special tradition for the entire family. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We celebrate St. Nicholas' Day! :-) The kids put out their shoes under the Christmas tree and the next morning they are filled with treats, which always include gold chocolate coins, a new ornament for their collection, letter cookies (which we make) to spell out their name and some small toys. So much fun. The past two years I've taken to filling up DH's shoes too, which is pretty fun. :-)
  • Options

Yep! We did when I was growing up, and we are continuing the tradition with the girls :)

I'm originally from Belgium and it's pretty common to celebrate St. Nick there. In fact, it's probably more celebrated then Santa on Xmas day ;) We always left our slippers out by the fireplace and found them full of clementines and chocolate in the morning. I remember a few St. Nick days where we got all our Xmas presents on that day instead of Christmas...but I don't know if that's a Belgian tradition or if that's because we were living in the US and that just happened to be when my Grandparents were in town visiting from Belgium???

I just went shopping today for some St. Nicholas Day treats.... I got gold chocolate coins and a Veggie Tale DVD, one for each girl: St. Nick and The Little Drummer Boy. I really like the idea of giving them their yearly ornament on St. Nick day, that way they can decorate the tree with it.... and of course I'll be putting in some clementines ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    No, but we celebrate Three Kings' Day on January 6. There's usually a Three Kings' Parade in Brooklyn for the Hispanic community, but I haven't seen it celebrated much in other parts of the U.S.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageanna7602:
    No, but we celebrate Three Kings' Day on January 6. There's usually a Three Kings' Parade in Brooklyn for the Hispanic community, but I haven't seen it celebrated much in other parts of the U.S.

This.  We put our shoes outside the night of Jan 5th, and we would wake up to find small gifts inside them on the morning of Jan 6th. 

My maternal grandma would do this w/ my Mom and my aunts and uncles, and we have continued on with the tradition. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"