Philadelphia Babies

PennCare for Women The Curtis Center?

Anyone use this practice to deliver at Penn Hosp? rants/raves?

Re: PennCare for Women The Curtis Center?

• Dr. Kolecki is wonderful. She is caring, understanding and listens. 

Penn Hospital uses the laborist method so you are not guaranteed to get your regular doctor or even one from PennCare but that didn't bother me. The nurses do pretty much everything anyway. When I actually delivered my son he came so fast that I had an intern who had only been there 5 days.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm using them right now.  Dr. Kolecki is great; she is easy to talk to and very reassuring.  I've scheduled all my appointments early in the morning and they start on time.  When I need referrals, they happen quickly and I get confirmation.
  • Loading the player...
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Kolecki!  She is very down to earth, supportive, and overall I've had a great experience with the office.  Can't say more good things about it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also jad Dr. Kolecki and she is great. I was luck enough to deliver with her and she never once mentioned c section and I labored for 24 hours. She is really good. I am trying Penn's midwifery care this time only b/c I want to experience the difference in styles. If I was seeing a doctor again I'd see her all the way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had Dr. Kolecki and she is great. I was luck enough to deliver with her and she never once mentioned c section and I labored for 24 hours. She is really good. I am trying Penn's midwifery care this time only b/c I want to experience the difference in styles. If I was seeing a doctor again I'd see her all the way.
  • Using Penn Obgyn & Midwifery. I like them so far!
  • I see Dr. Borromeo there and she's great. I used to see Dr. Alam (she has since left the practice b/c her husband got a job in VA). I've also seen Dr. Renbaum and she was also very nice...you can't go wrong with any of them. I was happy with Pennsy hospital, too. We unexpectedly ended up in the NICU for a month after LO was born early, and the doctors & nurses there were fantastic...it's a level III NICU, which means they have the highest level of care. It's something I didn't think about while I was pregnant, but it really mattered the most in the end.
  • I see the doctors at PennCare but at 8th and Spruce location. When I delivered my first daughter, Dr. Borromeo was on call and she was excellent. The resident that pretty much did everything was AWESOME. I didn't really like my L&D nurse, which sucked, but we made it through just fine. As the PP said, the ICN is awesome and my daughter was there for 10 days after I delivered preterm unexpectedly. They were excellent and I was glad to be there instead of another hospital when my water broke at 35 weeks. 
    imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"