Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft - What time of day to take it?

I was just prescribed 25mg zoloft at 20 weeks pregnant.  I took it one morning so far and it made me feel awful!  I felt like I was high on drugs, I was like a zombie.  I hated it and actually felt worse than I normally do.  There is no way I could go to work daily feeling like I did until my body adjusts to it.  I thought maybe I should try taking it at night instead but I was worried about the sleep effects.  Can anyone offer me any advice from their own experiences?  Thank you!

Re: Zoloft - What time of day to take it?

• Options
    I tried it at night for a week and the insomnia was awful even though I was so tried. I switched to midmorning and that worked better. I felt awful for a week and now I'm fine taking it at 8am.  No issues and sleep better now.  I'm at 50mg too.
  • Options

With my first child, I finally ended up taking it at night, along with some kind of over the counter sleeping pill that my dr. prescribed (because the sleeping med also helped with morning sickness... I wasn't sure, but it worked).  So I guess I got a bonus, it helped me sleep & not get nauseous.  

Also, remember it takes up to 6 weeks for an anti-anxiety med to regulate in your system.   After being on it for #1 and avoiding it ridiculously with #2, it is WORTH the adjustments and waiting, and just continue taking it.

Does Zoloft make any of you sick/nauseous?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt that same feeling when I first started taking it. For me, it went away completely after about 10ish days. I was just like you, thinking "I can't function like this" but it definitely got better. I now take it first thing in the morning, because I feel like if I take it at night, I don't sleep as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    imagepug86:

With my first child, I finally ended up taking it at night, along with some kind of over the counter sleeping pill that my dr. prescribed (because the sleeping med also helped with morning sickness... I wasn't sure, but it worked).  So I guess I got a bonus, it helped me sleep & not get nauseous.  

Also, remember it takes up to 6 weeks for an anti-anxiety med to regulate in your system.   After being on it for #1 and avoiding it ridiculously with #2, it is WORTH the adjustments and waiting, and just continue taking it.

Does Zoloft make any of you sick/nauseous?

Day 3 and extremely nauseous and no appetite :(

• Options
    Consult your doctor regarding the dosage, timing, and schedule of intake of the Zoloft SSRI antidepressant. Be careful in taking medications particularly antidepressant Zoloft while pregnant because the drug has been linked to birth defects to newborns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"