School-Aged Children
Options

XP: Book about the Tooth Fairy?

XP from preschool board:

Long story short, DD is going to need one of her front teeth extracted. I would like to get a book about the Tooth Fariy for her. I looked on Amazon and read some reviews, but wanted to know if any of you have one (or have seen one) that you like. TIA! :)

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)

Re: XP: Book about the Tooth Fairy?

• Options

I have 3 quick book reviews for you:

--Charlie & Lola: My Tooth Is Wiggly

Older brother Charlie helps Lola understand what's happening when she is about to lose her first tooth.  Pretty cute, but focuses more on the tooth being wiggly than on what happens after, if I recall.  My kids don't own this one, but have gotten it from the library.

--I Lost My Tooth In Africa

A girl travels to Africa during the summer to see her grandmother and extended family.  While there, she loses a tooth.  She learns about the traditions African families have concerning lost teeth.  She puts her tooth under a basket and the tooth fairy brings her 2 chickens!  Simple, lilting text and beautiful pictures.

--One Morning In Maine

This is by Robert McClosky who wrote/illustrated Make Way For Ducklings and Blueberries for Sal.  In fact, it focuses on Sal when she's about 6.  She loses her tooth but drops it in a mud puddle while digging for clams with her father.  She has to figure out a way to still get her wish, even without the actual tooth.  Losing teeth is associated with being a "big girl" and the overall message of the story is really positive about growing up.  Text is long and pictures are in b/w, so maybe a push for some preschoolers.

HTH!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"