Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Who ate their wedding cake top on their 1st anniversary?

2»

Re: Who ate their wedding cake top on their 1st anniversary?

• Options
    ours...was not good. we ate the filling!
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    No, we didn't. We kept it in the freezer for awhile, but it started to get freezer burn. We tossed it.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took home the extra cake and ate it all over the following 2 weeks. We weren't into saving it. Our first anniversary is coming up and my only concern is that we go on vaca!
  • Options
    We didn't keep it. DH had a gluten/dairy/wheat free cake (that I didn't like.) It wouldn't have tasted good after a year. The rest of our "cake" were different cupcakes. We planned on buying fresh cake and cupcakes, but that didn't happen. 
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    It was gross.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Options
    We did and it was just as good. Most wedding cakes are frozen by the bakers anyway to make them easier to handle and to stay fresh longer. 
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    ME!! And it was still the best cake I have ever had. I think I need to order one for our 7 year anniversary which is in 17 days...
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    I did! It was tasty, except for the marzipan fruit, which were a bit freezer burned. I did have a chocolate mousse cake though, which is far from normal cake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, our bakery sells anniversary tiers though so we got one of those to match our cake topper. Next year we're going to try one of our other tiers.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    We didn't ( I don't think I could have waited anyway it was soo good!) but I do make a cake every year on our anniversary that we eat and drink sparkling juice.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    We ate ours. It was pretty good! Wrapped it twice in plastic wrap and then put it in a storage container! The only problem with it was when I was defrosting it and the fondant started to slide off.
  • Options

Ours was gross. But I hear if you keep in a deep freezer for the year and let it thaw for a few days in the fridge it comes out pretty good.

• Options
    We did and it was still amazing!  I had ordered a replica just in case the top teir was gross.  We ate a lot of cake that week.  Tongue Tied
  • Options
    I never intended to keep our top layer for a whole year but wanted to at least keep it to enjoy when we got back from our honeymoon.  My mom froze it for us.  However, since we had fruit filling, the fruit had fermented when we took the cake out of the freezer a week later.  We each had a piece, felt sick, and threw the rest of the cake out.  Guess we'll order an anniversary cake when it comes around.
  • Options
    We did not, but our bakery gave us a free 8" cake just like our wedding cake on our anniversary (it's part of their deal), so we got to eat fresh cake. :) YUM!
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We had no desire to eat year-old cake, tradition or not. We had our baker make us a replica, and it was delicious :)

I've heard that if it's properly stored, it tastes just fine. I think it's one of those things where it's a matter of function over form, so to speak - tradition over taste. As long as you eat a bite, you're set. We just didn't care about keeping the tradition :)

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    We had no cake left to bring home so I made a mini replica at home. It was not easy to find cassis berry around here but the cake I made was great!
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    We did, it was amazing! Just as moist as the day of our wedding. We also had it with a bottle of the champagne from our wedding :)
    Formerly known as "WrightGirl"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We did and it was surprisingly good.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am in the minority, but we didn't even save ours, on purpose.  I am a very traditional girl, but I think that is so weird...to eat a year old cake.  I wouldn't eat anything in my freezer over 6 months old. 

For our one year, we lit our unity candle and looked through our wedding album, it was great!

TTC since August 2011 (Me-29, DH-32).
    4/28/2012 - SA: 5% motility.
    5/21/2012 - SA: same results.
    Only shot is IVF (ICSI)
    5/31/2012 - HSG: all clear
    6/22/2012 - appt with RE, confirmed ICSI is necessary.
    8/3/2012 - First IVF Monitoring Appointment
    8/17/2012 - Egg Retrieval (retrieved 23 eggs, 3 made it to freezer)
    8/18/2012 - OHSS - hospitalized, need to wait one cycle to transfer embryo(s) due to OHSS
    8/29/2012 - begin meds for frozen cycle
    10/12/2012 - FET one embryo
    10/24/2012 - Beta #1: 442
    10/26/2012 - Beta #2: 947
    10/29/2012 - Beta #3: 2900!
    11/15/2012 - first u/s: baby measuring perfect, heart rate is right on target
    2/6/2013 - A/S looked perfect. Still team green by choice!
    7/6/2013 - Baby girl born after 44 hours of un-medicated labor, 2 hours of pushing, and emergency c-section due to transverse head.  DD was perfectly healthy at 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  We are thrilled!!
  • Options
    We did! I expected it to  be really gross, but it was actually good. I think it helped that my sister in law wrapped and froze it for us, she did a better job than I ever would have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"