Stay at Home Moms

Had to have a mole removed for a biopsy..

Today i went to the doctor to get a mole check out any they wanted to remove it and send it to the lab. Its probably nothing but I can't help but worry just a little bit.

Its like a mole that i have always had and its right wearmy bra rubs so its like my bra rubbed it off.

Re: Had to have a mole removed for a biopsy..

• Like you said - it is probably nothing but really wise to get it checked.  I'll keep you in my thoughts!
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's probably nothing to worry about, but it's good to stay on top of that stuff, so good for you.

I'll be getting a few of my moles checked out after the new year, and I'm not looking forward to it. Skin cancer is really common in my family. Even if it comes back as something icky, they'll just cut it off and it most likely won't come back.

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • It's probably nothing, but it's good to get it checked out. I had a suspicious "wart" on my back that turned out to be basal cell carcinoma. Zapped that puppy and now I just get checked every year.
  • It would be hard not to worry! Though I'm sure it's nothing :)

I've had a few moles removed...and really need to head back in for a check-up! A few were nothing, and a few were precancerous...those were easy to take care of. I don't even remember needed even 1 stitch. They just cut them out and off I went + a few check-ups to make sure it didn't come back.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I've had about 15-20 of those removed and biopsied.  All came back negative.  Not fun and kind of scary.  Chances are you will be ok but hang in there.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had a couple removed. Both were 'atypical' but not cancerous (though I've heard some medical people say that almost all moles are atypical; don't know if that's true, that's just what I've heard). Hang in there and don't worry yourself sick about it. Most likely, everything's okay.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had several removed and tested as well.  All came back negative!  I'm sure you're fine!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had one removed a couple of months ago. It was in the worst place, on the back of my thigh right by my butt. I couldn't sit to pee for days because it was right where I would touch the toilet seat (I know TMI) but I had stitches there so it was uncomfortable. Sounds like your was in a fun place also. Anyways mine came back as some big long word that I cannot remember but basically the doctor said that if it hadn't gotten removed it would have been cancer but since it was removed there is nothing to worry about unless it come backs.  
  • I know how you feel, and I'm sure you're fine.  I'm actually going in today to have two precancerous mole remains removed (the doctor removed the moles last month, and found that they were precancerous, so back I go to have the rest scraped out).  I'm not really worried about it because the doctor said that this is a method of prevention, and when they remove an atypical or precancerous mole, then you have nothing to worry about.  Just be sure to get checked every six months.  I'm more irritated that I have to waste two hours of a babysitter (my mom today, so at least I'm not paying her!) for something not enjoyable.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • We just went through this with DH yesterday.  His mole came back that he had melanoma, but we caught it so early that the Dr is very optimistic that it did not spread anywhere and we are so glad he went to get it checked out right away.  He just had the entire section removed yesterday and should be 100%.  It is important to be proactive and that is what you are doing...and I understand being nervous.  I have to go next month to get some checked out too,and I am nervous cause I dont want to go through it either...hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerab41380:
    We just went through this with DH yesterday.  His mole came back that he had melanoma, but we caught it so early that the Dr is very optimistic that it did not spread anywhere and we are so glad he went to get it checked out right away.  He just had the entire section removed yesterday and should be 100%.  It is important to be proactive and that is what you are doing...and I understand being nervous.  I have to go next month to get some checked out too,and I am nervous cause I dont want to go through it either...hang in there!

wow, how scary!! Thank goodness you guys caught it early! I grew up in AZ and got soooooo many sunburns and I'm so fair skinned and rarely wore sunscreen. Melanoma is one of my biggest fears...

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • imageascar29:

Today i went to the doctor to get a mole check out any they wanted to remove it and send it to the lab. Its probably nothing but I can't help but worry just a little bit.

Its like a mole that i have always had and its right wearmy bra rubs so its like my bra rubbed it off.

It must have been mole day. I was at the dermatologist's today for a check of some moles. I had two biopsied. I know it's scary. I was a little worked up about it this afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"