October 2011 Moms

Mommy 6 week check

Im just a tad curious if anyone else had the same experience as me.

When I had ds1 five years ago, I went to my Ob at 6-7weeks and they did a internal along with some tummy touching. I then was asked some questions and given the ok to go back to my "normal" routine. 

This morning was my 6 week check up with my OB , I woke up early, showered and set myself up to be uncomfortable during the examination. When I got there I waited patiently, went into the room, they took my blood pressure and weight. Then the nurse left and said the doctor would be in soon. My Ob came in a few minutes later and asked a few questions about my PP bleeding (been gone for 2 wks now). Asked how I was feeling, touched my stomach and then asked what type of Birth control I wanted. End of appt.

I got out to my car and thought UMMM What just happened?

Now I do have an appointment to go back for my yearly pap in march but it seems odd that she didnt do any internal check now.

Re: Mommy 6 week check

• did you tear? my MW doesnt do a check if you didnt tear at all and you are no longer bleeding. 

ETA: Did you get a breast exam? I noticed it wasnt in your post.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't tear or have any complications and my dr still did an internal exam and pap smear. At the end he said "See you next year, unless you decide to have another baby before then!". I would guess that you would have to make another appointment for your yearly exam. That sucks, seems like a way to get more money! I could be wrong.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagemattandbekah:

did you tear? my MW doesnt do a check if you didnt tear at all and you are no longer bleeding. 

ETA: Did you get a breast exam? I noticed it wasnt in your post.

Maybe that is why. I didn't tear and my bleeding had been stopped for some time. No breast exam either. 

• My MW did an internal exam (but no pap smear since I had one in March) and a breast exam.  My bleeding had stopped and I got a tiny tear on my labia during birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't have a Pap because I'm not due until March, but my OB still did an internal to check the size of my uterus.  
  • I had an internal and a pap smear at my 6-week checkup.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hmmm... anyone not have one ? lol

• I will be having a pap and the works at my 8 week check up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a c-section and my OB still did an internal exam.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• At my 6 week appointment the doctor didn't even check me at all.  Just asked me a couple questions and checked the baby.  I had a third degree tear!  She said she will do a pap at my 3 month appointment.  I was really not impressed.  

• My OB did the same and I was also confused!  I had a 2nd degree tear too.  But I do have an appt. in a couple weeks to get paragard and she said she's check then.  But even without doing an exam of any sort she told me I was cleared for sex.  Glad I'm not the only one.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't have anything done at my 6 week PP either. I had weight and BP check. Then I was told to strip from the waist down. When my Dr came in she said no internal since I had a c-section, no breast check since I'm BFing and having no complications. She checked my incision and I asked her questions about my bleeding (that is still occuring) and pain near my incision. I was all set to have a pap and normal yearly visit. I'm not due for my pap until May/June, so I don't have to go back until then.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"