November 2011 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding mom support group

I never went to these with DS, but I took DD to one yesterday (mostly because I wanted to get her weighed).  If there is something like this near you, I highly recommend it, especially if you're having any issues.  We all weighed our babies then sat down to nurse and while we were nursing went around and introduced ourselves and our babies and brought up the issues we were having.  A LC was there to here our concerns and give advice and it was helpful, not only to get my own questions answered, but also to hear what she was saying to everyone else.  When we were done we weighed our babies again so that we would know how much they had eaten

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
Shawn and Larissa
LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding mom support group

• Options

Can you email me the info on where you went?  BFing is going wonderfully with L, but because it did not go well with C I currently have a word document I am tracking my questions in, and I have no idea to ask the questions to.  

Will they let you bring your toddler too? Or do I need to find childcare in order to go a meeting?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerebeccaontherocks:

Can you email me the info on where you went?  BFing is going wonderfully with L, but because it did not go well with C I currently have a word document I am tracking my questions in, and I have no idea to ask the questions to.  

Will they let you bring your toddler too? Or do I need to find childcare in order to go a meeting?

It was at St. Francis.  They meet every Tuesday at 1 and they want you to call and register like it's a class.  I took my toddler to daycare, but you could always call and ask if it's ok to bring C

571-3101

Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesmilelari:
    imagerebeccaontherocks:

It was at St. Francis.  They meet every Tuesday at 1 and they want you to call and register like it's a class.  I took my toddler to daycare, but you could always call and ask if it's ok to bring C

571-3101

Cool thanks!  I will have to check it out :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerebeccaontherocks:
    imagesmilelari:
    imagerebeccaontherocks:

571-3101

Cool thanks!  I will have to check it out :) 

I also sent you an email :)

Shawn and Larissa
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this! I completely forgot my hospital does a Mommy and Me breastfeeding group. I'll definitely go to the next one :)
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My hospital has a moms group every Wednesday and another on Fridays (DS and I go to the Wednesday groups). It's run by an LC and we talk about BFing as well as any other parenting issues / questions. Sometimes we just hang out too. I LOVE going and will miss it when I go back to work.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this! I had looked in to BF groups, but your post pushed me in to going today! I liked it and a different group for BF that meets tomorrow that we are going to also! It is great to get out and meet other moms.
  • Options

imageTMS1980:
    Thanks for posting this! I had looked in to BF groups, but your post pushed me in to going today! I liked it and a different group for BF that meets tomorrow that we are going to also! It is great to get out and meet other moms.

Yes 

Shawn and Larissa
  • Options
    That's an awesome idea and I would totally use that.  I'm struggling with it between the milk coming in and the hormones...I'm going to look into it.  I know my hospital has a post partum support group, but it's not just about BFing...thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"