February 2012 Moms
Options

Sick and Pregnant-BLAH!

Being sick and pregnant is terrible :( Anyone have any remedies that help??  I don't get sick often because usually when I feel it coming on I have my tea with lemon and honey, lots of OJ and it's usually gone by the end of the day.  This isn't working and I don't want to kill my sick leave that I need when LO comes, but I don't think I could drag myself back to work with how I'm feeling. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sick and Pregnant-BLAH!

• Options
    No great remedy... just wanted to say I was there and it was no fun.  I couldn't help feel like it was terribly unfair. Made me a grumpy lady to be around :)  take the day off and watch movies that make you smile.  That helped me ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Options
    In the same boat. Had to stay home from work today - no fun. I am just trying to get lots of rest and hope I get better fast - I have my first shower this weekend.
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the worst part is the terrible headache that I have and there's nothing I can take to make me feel better :( I have been on my couch all day and will probably be here all day tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I'm sick too :( Terrible sinus and ear infection. Can't stop sneezing and coughing and sniffling and my ear canals itch. It does seem unfair!
  • Options
    Me too! It sucks. I've been using breathe right strips and chugging water.
  • Options

I've had a cold for 2 weeks! I unfortunately don't have any long-lasting remedies, but there are a few things you can do to help temporarily. Doc said I can take sudafed and tylenol. Thankfully the sudafed pills are small, but my throat is so sore and swollen that I can't swallow normal sized tylenol, so I bought childrens liquid tylenol :P (grape is the best so far lol). Tea with honey and lemon is awesome, but I can't be drinking it all the time at work (work in a credit union, no food/drinks allowed in the lobby... ) and I found Burt's Bee's brand throat drops with honey and lemon -they're yummy! Also, cepacol (spelling) throat drops helps soothe my ever stuffy nose. I keep most of this stuff in my purse, I feel like I own a pharmacy! Oh, and drink tons of water!

Oh, and a hint of you buy sudafed, don't  just get a 24 pack.That's what I did - thinking I'd be over the cold in a few days like usual. I didn't consider the fact that EVERYTHING is exaggerated when you're pregnant. I had to go back for more!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"