Multiples

Enfamil AR

Did anyone use Enfamil AR?  Our DR just switched us to it from NeoSure because she thinks they might be having reflux and that is what is causing them not to sleep well and cry alot. 

Since it is thicker what size nipple did you use?  The newborn ones don't seem to work well.  I tried 2 month nipples and they seem okay but I am not sure if I should try the 3 month (my girls are 13 weeks born 6 weeks early) but I am not sure if they can handle the 3 month ones. 

The can says to shake it then wait for 5 mins... anyone know why? and how important it is to wait?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Enfamil AR

• One of my guys was on AR. I used the Dr. Brown mixing pitchers to make it, it seemed to work much better. It calms down a lot better than after shaking in the bottle. (It makes lots of air bubbles)

We were already on medium flow nipples by that point. I used a pin to poke an extra but small hole in the nipples to help him out. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We used this, but had to make it even thicker to up the calorie content.

We used Evenflo Classic bottles and 0-3 month nipples and didn't have a problem with flow.

We used Dr. Brown Mixing Pitcher and that was the best.  Can't imagine making it in the bottle, especially when it was more concentrated than normal.

Did not know about waiting 5 minutes after making it, but since we made up pitchers ahead of time, that was never an issue for us. don't know why they advise doing that. sorry.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our DD is on AR.  We mix it regularly and do not wait 5 minutes before serving.  We use the Dr. Brown's bottles but had to up the nipples.  At your DDs' age we were using a level 2 nipple.  Around 4 months we switched to a level 3.  I would try it with the level 1 first.  If they cry or get frustrated, it is probably because they can't get the formula.  If that happens move to the level 2.  Good luck. The AR made such a difference in her reflux and her mood.  She was so much happier once she could keep her bottle down.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My girls were on AR basically from birth. I had no problems using the slow flow nipples. The pedi in the hospital said that the AR doesn't thicken until it is actually in their system. No idea if that is true or not, but it didn't seem any thicker than regular formula to me.

I never waited 5 mins after shaking. My babies are not patient.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've used it with our LO since he was about 2 months. We were dumb and made him work for it through the level 1 nipples- it worked but it tooked him way longer to eat, level 2s worked much better (faster). We use Dr Brown and Born Free. I dont like shaking it- I usually stir it with a fork, otherwise its 30%formula and 70%bubbles.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"