February 2012 Moms

Running out of time and ideas...

We are having such a hard time deciding on a name for DD #2.  We have 3-4 contenders, but nothing seems "right" yet.  Who else is still trying to decide??  I feel like the clock is ticking!  Also, I hate people always asking me what the name is.  We don't share before the baby comes anyway,  but everytime it is asked I keep thinking about how we really need to get it figured out!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Running out of time and ideas...

• Ah! I can totally relate. This is DD1 (baby #3) and the final baby for us (DH was snipped when we found out we were expecting for 3rd year in a row!) I feel like we are both feeling the pressure to get this right b/c she's our final baby and our ONLY daughter. I printed the SSA name list and we literally spent hours only to nix every name by the end of the evening. Last night I joked that we are holding this child on too high of a pedestal b/c no name is good enough for her. Choosing names for our sons was just as difficult though, but we were able to decide on some basic name lists. Hopefully something will hit us when we finally see her little face. I know what you mean about everyone asking - every day at work people try to ask me about names and make suggestions - half the time I just want to have a panic attack b/c I feel like a neglectful mother for not picking a name by now! Good to know I'm not alone...
  • Don't worry, you are not alone. We finally decided on names today, all of he sudden it just clicked. Just keep throwing names on the table, that's what we did.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If we were having a girl, we would still be completely undecided.  We have decided but are not sharing b/c I just don't want to.  Maybe it is better that you have not decided, that way you are being completely honest.  Don't worry you still have time.  It is a big decision to make.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• We are in the same boat.  I feel like we used up our good name with DS1 and now we are just trying to settle on something for DS2.  We have no other family we'd like to honor.  Well, I'd like to use Thomas for my uncle but we arent' super close, I just really admire him.

We have 3 or 4 names that are good but we aren't sure they are THE name for our baby.  At this rate we'll be going to the hospital and just picking one. 

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • We have kindof settled on a first name. I hope it sticks too, because I like it. But we don't have a middle name. I am not too concerned. It will happen. My sister was born and didn't have a name for close to two days. NBD.
  •  We're in the same boat. All I know is she's going to be "Anna" and we're going to fit "Lynn" in somewhere too. I LOVE the name Annalynne, but we can't decide on a middle name.  DH is partial to Anna Lynn. We honored my aunt (Ann) and MIL (Sheri Lynn) - which I love - but I want to add a separate, unrelated to anyone/anything, random cute name in too. I feel like that'll help her have her own identity, ya know what I mean? Another reason I want a different middle name is our last name is Lindinger, so I want something to separate "Lynn" from "Lin" lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"