Postpartum Depression
Options

Im not sure how to shake what I am feeling

I had my LO right before Thanksgiving and she is now 11 days old, but since the Saturday after Thanksgiving I have had these feelings and emotions that I am not sure if its just stress and the crazyness of the Holidays or what! The Saturday after Thanksgiving my LO turned a week old and we had family down for the holidays, I just had to escape so I went in my room and just started to cry my eyes out. When my DH came in to see what I was up to he saw me crying ad asked what was wrong and at first all I could say was I don't know, I just don't know. Then after a few minutes of him hugging me I said My baby is a week old and this is the last time I will every have a baby again. I had my tubes tied after I had LO. I cant stand for anyone other than me or DH to hold her for longer than about 5 min without me wanting to g over and snatch her away from them. So I guess what I am trying to ask is if this is normal or if I need to speak with someone about PPD? I don't know anyone who has had to deal with PPD to talk to about it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Im not sure how to shake what I am feeling

• Options
    I feel the same way. I can't wait for ppl to come over so I can relax but once they hold her I want her back and no one else can have her. My DH and I went to my mother in laws house for thanksgiving and everyone was holding her and my DH was like "I dont know what to do now.... :( " It just made me even more sad :(((
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

focus on the positive.

surround yourself with encouraging people.

read great books.

watch good movies with him.

treat yourself well.

and most of all, remember that what you are feeling and undergoing will DEFINITELY COME TO PASS..

it's not forever.. : ) tomorrow would be a happier day. cheer up. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesweetnprettymama:

focus on the positive.

read great books.

treat yourself well.

and most of all, remember that what you are feeling and undergoing will DEFINITELY COME TO PASS..

Ditto, also remember that right now, your body has to re-adjust to normalness after the crazy hormone game of PG.

For me, PPD expressed itsself as a need to get away from baby, being frustrated, feeling alone and even some regret for having a child. You seem to want to hold your baby close, and feel regret that it will be your only baby. Very different feelings!

Let your OB know how your feeling. It doesnt sound like PPD, more typical baby blues, which occur for a few weeks after delivery. But be safe, talk to Dr.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    imageKristine Schilling:
    imagesweetnprettymama:

focus on the positive.

read great books.

treat yourself well.

Ditto, also remember that right now, your body has to re-adjust to normalness after the crazy hormone game of PG.

For me, PPD expressed itsself as a need to get away from baby, being frustrated, feeling alone and even some regret for having a child. You seem to want to hold your baby close, and feel regret that it will be your only baby. Very different feelings!

Let your OB know how your feeling. It doesnt sound like PPD, more typical baby blues, which occur for a few weeks after delivery. But be safe, talk to Dr.

For my PPD, it's exactly what the previous poster said. I love my little guy, but I just didn't feel any sort of connection with him, I wanted to get away from him.

After discussing it with my OB and being referred to a psychiatrist, I started taking anti depressants...that was about 4 weeks ago. I do have to say, I am starting to feel a little better. The bad days are being replaced by more good days. I'm starting to want to hold my little guy.

There's a lot of people who want to hold our little ones. What made a very big difference for me was being able to have one thing that was just "our's". Bath time started otu as that because my husband was afraid to bathe the baby. And I've really come to enjoy it and it seems like my little man does too. More and more, I find myself feeling a connection to him. And I'm grateful that things are getting a bit better. 

I can't say if you have PPD or the baby blues...I think if you give it a little time, and the feelings don't budge, I think it's worth bringing it up, or if you really feel that it's interacting with your every day dealings with LO.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks  for your thoughts! If the feelings do not go away by my 6 week PP check up then I will make sure to address it with my OB!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"