C-sections

Heavy Bleeding....8/9 weeks pp...Worried. (slight TMI)

I'm not sure if this is the right board. I have no idea if what I am experiencing is in any way related to my c-section but here it goes.

Before I explain, I am calling my Ob in the morning, I just thought I'd ask around for thoughts.

Last week, on Thanksgiving, I got my period. Or so I thought. I was 8 weeks postpartum. It was weird though because I had no cramping, or any pain, but I was bleeding. I just figured I was lucky and to just go with it. By midday, the bleeding was really heavy. I have read that your first few periods can be really heavy after a baby. I was soaking a pad every 2/3 hours. I also got really light headed. But everything seemed fine otherwise.

The "period" ended on Sunday. Abruptly. like usually my period tapers off, hence why panty liners exist.... but it was just BAM done, clean. Again, just shrugged it off. I figure my body is all kinds of crazy postpartum so why think much of it unless I'm in pain?

Today DH and I had sex.. not rough or anything.... and then three hours later, I was standing in the living room, and I felt something...like falling down in there and I ran to the bathroom and I'm bleeding again!  I should mention that about a day or two before Thanksgiving, DH and I had had sex a few times for the first time since before DS was born. (I was given the green light to sex and regular activity by my Ob at 5 1/2 weeks postpartum, however.)

I'm really worried. The bleeding isn't heavy right now...but I'm feeling light headed again? 

Any experience with this? Or just ideas/thoughts? Thanks in advance, ladies. I hope it isn't anything serious..... find out soon enough, I suppose.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Heavy Bleeding....8/9 weeks pp...Worried. (slight TMI)

• If you are getting light headed again, please call your Dr's office. There should an an on call service.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • talk to your doc of course.  the lightheadness is likely from you being anemic from the surgery.  drink lots of water and eat a diet high in protein and iron.  doc will likely want to recheck your blood levels and maybe an ultrasound to make sure all of the placenta is gone.

also, if you have been overdoing it, bleeding can occur. good luck at your appt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would not hesitate for even half a second to go to your dr.'s office rather than calling.

Try not to worry b/c it could be A LOT of things, but definitely get to the dr. tomorrow.

ETA: I didn't want to say it, but I read another poster's response above a/b retained placenta. Unfortunately I had a similar experience as yours (the stopped bleeding, then rush of blood) and when it happened (my body actually expelled a huge amount of tissue) the ER doc said it was a placental lobe (scary), but the pathology report said it was basically a decidual cast (not so scary). If I were in your position I would call the dr.'s answering service, let them know you'll be in first thing in the morning for an emergency ultrasound. Don't ask for an appointment, just go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"