Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

remember back when you were pregnant...

My cousin found out yesterday that she's having a baby girl =)  she said she knew it was a girl all along, and I knew with my daughter as well.  I've heard a mom always knows... j/w if any of you always "knew", or if you were totally surprised to hear what you were having?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: remember back when you were pregnant...

• Options
    When I first got preggo, DH and I both felt in our guts that it was a girl for at least the first good few months or so. We didn't find out the sex while I was pregnant, so once I got to the end of my 2nd tri and was showing alot more, everyone we know started saying boy, only because I carried extremely low... but I am 5'10", there was lots of room for LO in there, and that's an old wives tale! I still thought girl right to the very end, although DH changed his mind in the 3rd tri (think he was wishfully thinking for that son ;) And lo and behold, DS was born... for the first few weeks I still had to remind myself he was a boy!! LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

The only reason I had any inkling was that they guessed girl at my 12 week sonogram, and ended up being right!

I think it's probably about 50/50 on knowing, like everything else with gender. I also have quite a few friends who "knew" and were wrong :) I tried really hard not to let myself picture her one way or the other before we were sure, to avoid being disappointed either way!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were team green. I felt all along that it was a boy and that's what he is :)   In fact, when DH announced "It's a boy" when he was born, my response was "I KNEW IT WAS A BOY!"  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were team green. Initially I thought girl. Then about midway through my pregnancy I started thinking boy. By the end I was convinced it was a boy. Everyone was expecting a boy. Turns out I should have stuck with my initial though, we had a girl.
    imageimage
  • Options

I told DH that it was a girl as soon as I took the test, at about 3 weeks gestation.. , so I wasnt suprised at all when we did the US and found out I was right. Then all his family started telling him stories about the US being wrong ect. I was like,, NO I KNOW this is a girl,, and then when I gave birth sure enough! Shes a SHE!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I swore I was having a girl. I was surprised when they said "boy".
  • Options
    I didn't have any gut feeling one way or the other. But, I also didn't try to think about it, either. I knew we'd find out at our 20 week and I let all our friends and family and my DH make their predictions. I, however, didn't make any guesses and just went into the appointment totally neutral.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was totally surprised! Part of me was unsure, and part of me expected that she would be a boy, so I was really surprised (and happy) when they said "its a girl!". 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was team green.  Everyone thought we were having a boy.  I kind of thought boy, but then there was the part of me that kept saying that because everyone thought we were having a boy it was probably a girl and it was! 

• Options
    All the OWTs pointed toward girl and I ended up with a boy.  Big surprise for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a gut feeling she was a girl from the beginning and I was right! DH thought she was a boy but I think he was more hoping for a boy =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Options

imagepolkadot1022:
    I was totally surprised! Part of me was unsure, and part of me expected that she would be a boy, so I was really surprised (and happy) when they said "its a girl!". 

THIS

Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You have a 50% chance that you'll be correct when you "know" what you're having. Those aren't bad odds, so it's not surprising that many do end up with what they thought they were having.

I did not "know" and honestly didn't try to guess one way or the other. 

• Options

I never really knew with any of my kids.  With DD, though, I thought maybe a girl.  We had two sons and lost a son at 20 weeks before I got pregnant with her.  So I kind of thought what are the odds of having 4 boys in a row?
    At the same time I was really shocked when I found out she was a girl.  I couldn't imagine hearing anything other than boy.

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelaw&order:
    We were team green. I felt all along that it was a boy and that's what he is :)   In fact, when DH announced "It's a boy" when he was born, my response was "I KNEW IT WAS A BOY!"  

This exactly!

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    I just knew that I was having a girl. When my mom was prego with me she didn't have morning sickness at all and I wasn't having any either so I just new. And sure enough we saw it on the ultrasound that we were having a girl! She is so precious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • Options

I tried not to think about it b/c I knew we would find out at the 20 week u/s. We had a horrible time coming up with girl  names but picked out the boy name w/in a week of the positive test. My sister said that alone meant we would have a girl for sure. Big Smile

A couple days before the u/s, I had a dream that it was a boy, so it did get in my head for a few days. The u/s tech asked us if we had an idea what it was, so, of course, I said boy. I felt kind of stupid when she said it was a girl and wished she hadn't asked that. 

• Options
    We were team green and I went back and forth the entire pregnancy, but overall thought boy. Right before I pushed her out they said "Make your guesses!" DH guessed girl and I guessed boy. When I heard "It's a girl!" I was pretty surprised. :)
  • Options
    imageSarahRae812:

We had a horrible time coming up with girl names but picked out the boy name w/in a week of the positive test. My sister said that alone meant we would have a girl for sure.

This, except we decided on a girls name very easily, and we couldn't decide on a boys name.  We ended up with a boy! 

I also had a very strong feeling that we were having a boy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we both wanted a girl but I "knew" the baby was a boy, to the point where I was convinced the ultrasounds were wrong. Once she was born I was very happy she was really a she.
  • Options
    We both wanted a boy, and I swore from day one it was a boy! Everyone else thought it was a girl and every time anyone referred to my belly as "she" I corrected them. I was right.

• Options
    imagejmw222:

imagepolkadot1022:

THIS

Yes  I wanted a girl SO badly that I wouldn't even allow myself to think it was a girl. I kept saying, "Its a boy!" because I was afraid that I would "jinx" the universe if I selfishly wished one way or the other. We had a boy name picked, boy bedding picked, etc. (Didn't buy anything). DH didn't care either way, but he thought it was a boy as well. When the tech announced it was a girl, I burst out crying. She thought I was upset! I had to reassure her that I couldn't have been happier! Stick out tongue  I have the world's most amazing mother, and I couldn't have imagined my life without a daughter. I do hope its a boy next time though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemkd00:
    imagejmw222:

imagepolkadot1022:

THIS

Yes  I wanted a girl SO badly that I wouldn't even allow myself to think it was a girl. I kept saying, "Its a boy!" because I was afraid that I would "jinx" the universe if I selfishly wished one way or the other. We had a boy name picked, boy bedding picked, etc. (Didn't buy anything). DH didn't care either way, but he thought it was a boy as well. When the tech announced it was a girl, I burst out crying. She thought I was upset! I had to reassure her that I couldn't have been happier! Stick out tongue  I have the world's most amazing mother, and I couldn't have imagined my life without a daughter. I do hope its a boy next time though.

I was so "sure" it was a boy that we had only picked out boy names.  We didn't name her until a couple of days after she was born :o .

Such a wonderful surprise :)

• Options
    We both believed pretty strongly she was a boy. That was my "motherly instinct" or whatever you want to call it. I almost fell off the table when they said it's a girl @ 19wks. Every u/s after that I kept asking "have you found the penis yet???" I don't think I really believed them until 38wks or so, by then I had heard it at least 10x. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I "knew" I was carrying a girl, but I was surprised even when I found out she was indeed, a she. We had a great time, we had the tech write down the sex in an envelope and took it to Publix where they made a white cake with pink center icing, and we sliced it open, and of course screamed and jumped up and down. It's a good video lol.
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • Options
    I didn't "know" but only bc I didn't want to look like an idiot if I was wrong :) But I had a feeling she was a girl. 

• Options

imageg00dg0llymsm0lly:
    I thought I "knew" I was carrying a girl, but I was surprised even when I found out she was indeed, a she. We had a great time, we had the tech write down the sex in an envelope and took it to Publix where they made a white cake with pink center icing, and we sliced it open, and of course screamed and jumped up and down. It's a good video lol.

OMG! What a cute idea!!!! I'll have to remember that for next time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"