Austin Babies
Options

Birthing Poll clicky #2

Re: Birthing Poll clicky #2

• Options

With DS mine broke before I started having any contractions. I read online that this usually happens in only 1 of 10 women which I was surprised to read since it happened to me.

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    contractions started at 1-2 am and water broke around 9-10 am. i didn't know for sure until dr's office finally told me to come in at 3 pm to test. (to be fair, i didnt call them until after lunch at 1).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS, my water never broke. He was born in his amniotic sac "en caul" which I've read happens in less than 1 in 1000 births.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My contractions had been erratic and light throughout the day, I wasn't even bothering to time them.  Then it was just like the movies - my water broke and out of nowhere I had long, intense contractions 2 minutes apart.  I'm glad my bag was packed!
  • Options

imageaugust8080:
    With DS, my water never broke. He was born in his amniotic sac "en caul" which I've read happens in less than 1 in 1000 births.

Oh wow, I've never heard of that! Didn't your Dr want to break your water?

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    imageKittyFX:

imageaugust8080:

Nope. I used hypnobirthing and was going for a no/low intervention birth and my dr. was totally on board with that. Labor was progressing just fine (in fact faster than normal for a first time delivery) so there was no medical reason to break it. It's not at all unsafe for them to be born en caul, just unusual.

• Options
    imageaugust8080:
    imageKittyFX:

imageaugust8080:

Nope. I used hypnobirthing and was going for a no/low intervention birth and my dr. was totally on board with that. Labor was progressing just fine (in fact faster than normal for a first time delivery) so there was no medical reason to break it. It's not at all unsafe for them to be born en caul, just unusual.

Right, I just figured in a traditional setting they would want to break your water. Very cool. I am learning about hypnobirthing at 36 weeks pregnant, sounds great. And how special to be en caul.

• Options

I read in one of my books that less than 15% of women experience their water breaking as the first sign of labor. When my boss told me I had to work from home because he'd "freak" if my water broke at the officee, I laughed and said it doesn't usually work that way. Then the night before I went into labor, my girlfriends were trying to talk my water into breaking, and I told them the same thing. 

39 weeks, 5 days and my water broke at 4:50am. Obviously, I was in bed. It woke me up. I never felt any contractions until they put me on pitocin.  

• Options
    Yeah, it was crazy and I didn't really think about it til after the fact. I spent the last hour of transition in the shower, so I kept wondering if maybe it had broken and I didn't know it. Then when I got on hands and knees to "breathe the baby down" (pushing) and I could feel the sac bulging out, I knew it was still intact, but obvi that was really the last thing on my mind! Ha! I agree, hypnobirthing is awesome ;)

• Options

My water "broke" while we were out to dinner... It was actually a leak. It happened after I had just gone to the bathroom, so I kinda convinced myself I had just peed a little. I went home, got a good night sleep and called my dr in the morning. 

She yelled at me :) - told me to get my ass to the hospital where they checked to see if there was amniotic fluid... There was. Obviously, nothing was happening so they hooked me up to the pit drip. 

• Options
    Never had 1 contraction on my own with DS (not even BH).  Was induced with Pitocin at 8am, contrax started right away, water broke on its own as I was getting out of bed to go potty 2 hours later.  Then the REAL fun started  (<-- sarcasm font).
  • Options

My water broke minutes before DD was born. I assumed it had already but I was in the water up until the very end so I was a little surprised to feel the splash on my feet, lol. It was pretty loud, too!

imageaugust8080:

I was born in the caul, too! The pictures from my birth are pretty cool, the midwives had to cut it open and it looks like I'm emerging from a little cocoon. Which I was but I wasn't exactly a butterfly, lol.

• Options
    My water broke at 36 weeks 6 days at work. I didn't have any contractions that I could feel so they started pitocin about 4 hours after my water broke.
  • Options

With Meredith I was induced early, before my body was ready. So lots of drugs - I had something to dilate the cervix, and then I had pitocin, an epidural, and Lord only knows what else. I think I was maybe 4 or 5 cm or so when my water broke with her.

With Alex, I woke up every hour that night having a contraction and needing to pee. When I woke up around 3 am, I was having a really intense contraction like nothing I'd felt before, and then I felt a small "pop" inside of me, and I started leaking amniotic fluid. Alex was born just under 3 hours later. I had a homebirth with him, so no drugs, no nothing.

• Options
    My water broke at 12:30am and I didn't start having contrax until I got to the hospital and was give pitocin.
  • Options

With DD my water broke and contractions started about 1.5 hours later on their own, no pitocin needed at all.

With DS I was induced. My water was broken first for me and then contractions started about 2 hours later, but i was also given pitocin.

and to also answer your pitocin poll below, i thought the contractions were about the same with and without the pitocin, granted i didn't end up needing much pitocin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My water didn't break with either of my kids until I was ready to push.  I love reading how different it is for everyone.
  • Options

I voted SS b/c we don't know when my water broke. I'm assuming before contractions, because right before they started, I felt a very gentle pop.  But when I arrived at the hospital, they said my bag was in tact. The nurse didn't break it, the doctor didn't break it and after I gave birth, the dr. immediately asked when my water broke. Everyone just kinda looked around and shrugged. 

• Options
    I am pretty sure that my water broke while I was in the tub laboring but we don't know for sure.  It was intact when I got to the hospital, but no one knows for sure when it broke.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was induced, so they broke my water for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"