January 2011 Moms
Options

my baby is a biter.

So, my DS bites me constantly. Hard. I have bruises and marks all over me. I always tell him no in a stern voice. But he doesn't seem to get it. He smiles and laughs. I can't have him biting obviously. What can I do?!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my baby is a biter.

• Options

W does the same thing, but it does not happen that often. Sometimes I put my arm up to block her from doing something, like touching the dogs tail.  She will get mad and try to move my arm. When I dont move it, in the blink of an eye she will bite me.

I have no idea how to stop this either, other than telling her "NO!" But when I say "No" I generally get a mischevious stare and a giggle. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aiden bit at that age too and always thought it was funny. I tried the stern "NO!" but it did nothing but invite more biting. I realized he was doing it for the attention (a common thing with him :) so we just started ignoring it and pulling him away, or setting him down. He stopped within a week, and he hasn't bitten since.

It's hard to do, especially when it hurts, but I'd give that a try and see. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good idea. I will try that. I may also vegin wearing a suit of armor just as a precaution until this ends. :)

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageffejsGirl:

Aiden bit at that age too and always thought it was funny. I tried the stern "NO!" but it did nothing but invite more biting. I realized he was doing it for the attention (a common thing with him :) so we just started ignoring it and pulling him away, or setting him down. He stopped within a week, and he hasn't bitten since.

That, and a mild whap on the hand along with the 'No.' The first time is the verbal, the second is the whap. Sometimes he shrugs it off and just walks away and finds something else to do; sometimes he gets cry-face and tries to guilt us into letting him get his way. (Kid's really stubborn.) We ignore him if he starts crying for attention and after a few moments he stops. After a day or two of this he learns not to do the wrong action, like pulling hair/glasses, hitting the cat, etc. About once a weeks he regresses and tries us to see if he can get away with it- then we start all over again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow... I posted the same thing a few weeks back.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything to help, because my DS keeps biting people too.  Just know that I feel your pain.

If this cheers you up, I have a funny, but not so funny story.  We were at church on Sunday and this lady was sitting directly in front of me and I couldn't see.  I don't know if DS felt the same way, because he reached up as if he was going to grab the pew and bit her on the shoulder.  I was SOOOO embarrassed!  Thankfully, she laughed about it, and while doing it, she scooted over a little bit out of my way.  DH said this biting thing isn't so bad afterall. LOL!

• Options
    imageRHitch:

Wow... I posted the same thing a few weeks back.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything to help, because my DS keeps biting people too.  Just know that I feel your pain.

If this cheers you up, I have a funny, but not so funny story.  We were at church on Sunday and this lady was sitting directly in front of me and I couldn't see.  I don't know if DS felt the same way, because he reached up as if he was going to grab the pew and bit her on the shoulder.  I was SOOOO embarrassed!  Thankfully, she laughed about it, and while doing it, she scooted over a little bit out of my way.  DH said this biting thing isn't so bad afterall. LOL!

OMG! That is hilarious... I would die..lol...But it worked..she moved..LMAO!

Siggy Badges

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"