Toddlers: 24 Months+

I am determined to find a LeapPad before Christmas!

We want to get DS the LeapPad for Christmas. I should've picked one up months ago, but I didn't realize they were SO darn popular. I thought even if the stores sold out, you'd be able to get them online, at least on Leapfrog's website. But, they are out of stock everywhere!

Every time they seem to come back in stock anywhere online, its literally only for a few seconds. By the time you click check out, it's sold out again. The bundle was available on Leapfrog's website this afternoon for a few hours (the longest it seems to have ever been back in stock), but I was in a meeting, and by the time I got out, they were sold out again.

I am determined to get one of these things for DS before Christmas! My mom says this is how it was with Cabbage Patch dolls the first year they came out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am determined to find a LeapPad before Christmas!

• Have you checked other sites like Amazon, Ebay or even Toys-r-us?  Who knew they were such a popular gift?  GL!
  • TRU online has them.

• Loading the player...
  • Cancel that!  It doesn't say out of stock, but it seems that you cannot purchase it.

• If you go to zoolert.com, you can sign up to get free emails or text messages whenever they are in stock somewhere. 
  • imagetxbabs111:
    If you go to zoolert.com, you can sign up to get free emails or text messages whenever they are in stock somewhere. 

I've signed up for these alerts but every time I click on an alert (as soon as I get it), it either shows out of stock right away or it looks like it's in stock, lets me add it to my cart, and then says out of stock once you "proceed to checkout." 

• I found one today on a complete fluke at a bookstore. It's new in our area, called BAM. I was there browsing and saw one behind the counter at the checkout. I asked why it was there and the checker said it was because they hadn't stocked it yet so I bought it. You might be able to find one in a place like that?
  • I think I finally scored one! I kept the Leapfrog and in stock alert websites up all night and just kept hitting the refresh button. Once it looked like it was back in stock, I ordered it, and it went through.

I want to wait until I get a confirmation though to be claim victory because I've heard of a lot of people purchasing it (getting a confirmation and everything) only to get an email that sorry, but it was out of stock. I think this has happened with some of the other online sellers, so I'm hopeful I'll be good since I got it straight from Leapfrog's website.

Can't wait to give this to DS for Christmas! 

• Check the leapfrog website.  I hear they have it but only in the buddle (buy games too).  I've also been told get on the waiting list at your local TRU.  I'm going to get Hannah one next year for her birthday.  I got her the explorer for Christmas though (games can innerchange).
  • Try ebay
  • I was looking for one. Signed up for zoolert text messages Friday morning. Got a text, ran to the computer & got one from Amazon. Keep trying! I think that's your best shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"