Working Moms
Options

At what age did you/your daycare stop using the baby swing?

At what age did you/your daycare stop using the baby swing?

Re: At what age did you/your daycare stop using the baby swing?

• Options
    Our daycare doesn't use confining seats of any type.  No swings, Bumbos, bouncy chairs, exersaucers or anytihng of that sort.  The babies get to play and explore on mats in the various play areas.  This is the way I like it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our daycare does not have swings, but I stopped using it when he started sitting up/crawling (about 5.5/6 months) at home for entertainment usage.  However, I still use it every morning as a makeshift high chair to feed him breakfast.  It's the same height as our couch, so I can sit and pump and feed him his yogurt at the same time. :)  Sometimes I leave him there for a few minutes to contain him so I can clean up the morning mess.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The swing was a lifesaver for us...we used it until DD was probably around 6 months.  I know we kept it out until 9 months, but didn't really use it much by that point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We never used a swing, DD didn't like it and they didn't have one at school.  The bouncy chair was a lifesaver for us and we used that until DD was 3 or 4 months.

DD's school didn't have swings either, but they used the bouncy seats until 5ish months. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ***just waving hello***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMadringal:
    ***just waving hello***

Hello! :) 

• Options
    my baby is 9.5 months old but he only weighs 18 pounds and loves his swing so we still use it. i put him in there while i get dressed and do makeup in the morning because it's in my bedroom. he does not have one at the nanny's house during the day.
  • Options

DS LOVED the swing. We stopped using it at around 6 months when he started trying to climb out of it.

Our friends on the other hand have a LO only a week older than DS and they just stopped using it a few months ago. Seriously- she was about 1.5 yrs old! But she is a peanut so she still fit it in and never tried to climb out. Whatever works!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used the swing daily until 8-9 months for both girls. I'd still be using it if they fit. :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"