Success after IF
Options

Advent calendars

Does anyone else do Advent calendars with their kids?  We did them last year and it was a really fun thing for them to do each night after dinner.  This year I splurged and got my older son a Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar.  Not quite sure what Legos and Star Wars have to do with Jesus and Christmas but I'm sure I can find a way to make it work.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: Advent calendars

• Options
    Yes! My mom always had one for me. My husband bought me a wooden one a few years ago to keep up with the tradition. So excited!!! It will be so fun when h is old enough to get t.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We're doing one for the first time this year (I always had one growing up).  My Mom made one with little pockets and we are putting a treat (matchbox cars, jelly bellies, stickers) in each day.  Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We do them too. Actually, Betsy just brought one home from

School today.  

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options

I want to start this but haven't gotten one yet. :(

Can anyone recommend any? We never did them growing up so I'm not sure what to look for, really...

• Options
    I got one from Starbucks years ago and I just dug it out of a moving box today.
  • Options
    imagecrystalgirl:

Can anyone recommend any? We never did them growing up so I'm not sure what to look for, really...

I'm partial to handmade ones.  Go to Etsy and type in advent calendar and you'll see tons of cool ideas. 

• Options

yes! We love them!

My brother made this awesome huge wooden box one for my nieces/nephews years ago - and one of my nephews gave it to my older son a couple years ago - but we needed 2 more for the twins now - so i made similar ones out of 3x3" boxes - so each day they open up and get a little present or candy.... we do it after dinner - so it's a special treat and reason for them to eat well :)

we're excited to start tomorrow!!

We also have one where you pull out a character each day and stick it to the nativity scene - so we have Jesus involved :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagecrystalgirl:

If you want something super easy then just head to Walgreens or Target and buy a cardboard one with little chocolate pieces.  We did that last year and my kids loved seeing what shape the chocolate would be in each day.

Then, you can start looking for a fancier, wooden one with all the neat little doors or even a fabric one with little pockets for each day.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    My friend did an amazing version last year...instead of treats, she put in some sort of activity every day...some days it was "sip cocoa and snuggle with mom and dad", some days it was charity/pay it forward sort of thing, sometimes it was something to color or craft, or building snowmen, or ice skating, etc.  I thought it was a fabulous way to get more memories and family time in for the holidays!
  • Options

I saw a cute idea on Pinterest a few days ago...since December is already here, this is an easy idea:

Grab some children's Christmas themed socks (either some you already have or look at the Dollar Store/Walmart/Target) and hang them on a line with clothespins along the mantle. They look like mini Christmas stockings! Then you can slip small gifts inside, notes, or activities for your family to do together. It's so cute because it doubles as festive decoration. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"