Pregnant after a Loss

Christmas Stocking Poll

DH and I can't agree on this one and I wanted to see what you ladies do in your homes.  What do you put for names on your stockings:  Mom, Dad, John, and Jane or Jill, Jack, John, and Jane? 

In my family growing up, my parents had their names on their stockings, not 'Mom' and 'Dad.'  I was told that we are all Santa's children and that Santa doesn't know them as Mom and Dad, he knows them by their names ever since they were children. 

I think DH thinks now that we have DS, that seeing our names on our stockings isn't right and that they should be 'Mom' and 'Dad.'

What do you do at your house?

1st BFP 1/1/2009 m/c 1/4/2009 chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum. Don't know for sure. 2nd BFP 2/14/2009 m/m/c 3/4/2009 d&c 3/5/2009. 3rd BFP 6/27/2009 DS born 3/6/2010. Love him! 4th BFP 3/7/2011 natural m/c 4/1/2011-Wish it was an April Fool's day joke. Dx with MTHFR 5/2011. 5th BFP 11/7/11 EDD 7/19/2012. Praying for another little blessing. imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Christmas Stocking Poll

• This was true in my house too.  My mom and dad's stockings also had their names on them.  None of us kids ever thought anything of it to be honest with you.
  • I am totally with you on this one. DH and I use our stockings from when we were kids...with our names on them! :) 
    Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't currently have names on our stockings, but I think I'll get them next year and put our names...not Mom and Dad.  Now that I think of it though...my parents stockings did always say Mom and Dad and mine had my name.  Odd...I had completely forgotten that!  I still like the names though...but either way would probably be OK with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our names, not Mom and Dad.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • My parents had "Mommy" and "Daddy", and then us three kids had our names. 

Never asked, never thought anything of it. :) However, I am replacing our stockings next year with ones that say "mom" and "dad". 

BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We actually have stockings with just our first initials on them...so I guess the answer for us is our first names.
    PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Right now we have our first names on them because we didn't have children at the time. They will probably remain with our first names once we have LO's too. I don't think it really matters.

BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • We never really did stockings and I haven't done them with DS.  Also, Santa doesn't bring presents to adults in our family. 

Wow, we sound like awful Scrooges!  LOL

• None of our stockings had names on them.  We each had our own special design that my mom created on each one.  I think I may stick with that next year since DH and I already have our own unique stockings.
  • DH has a Steelers stocking and I have a Browns stocking so we don't need to put our names on it. LOL.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • DH and I don't have names on our stockings. We are Mr. And Mrs. Santa. DD's in a snowman and I will do something similar for our next LO. 
  • My parents never had stocking when I was growing up. DH and I bought and did stockings for one another when we started dating and we still use those now, but they're not kinds that a name could go on and I don't want us to have to give up the stockings we picked out and love.  DS doesn't even have one yet even though it's his second Christmas.  I wasn't asble to find one that I liked last year that didn't look baby-ish and could be embroidered without breaking the bank.  Eventually he and all following kids will have one with their name on it.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • My parents always had their names.  For our stockings now, I added the names myself and use our full names and put nicknames underneath. I made one for each of our furbabies too.  We'll continue the tradition with our kids.  They read:

Ryan "dad"

Misty "mama"

Bailey "Little Man" (dog)

Checkers "Baby Girl" (cat)

Bourboun "Little one" (dog)

** Logan has a minature stocking with just his name put I added a pair of angel wings just below.

• DH and I have stockings now, but when we have kids, I want those fancy needlepoint ones, and I will probably make them, which will take forever!  I don't think he or I will do stockings then, just hang up the kids' stockings.

ETA:  I saw some pretty monogrammed ones on Pinterest!
  • My stocking is the one I had as a child, no name.  Same with hubs, no name.  For the kids, we just have one of those initial pins on each of them (except the twins, since their stockings are the small ones).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"