Multiples

Burning Sensation in Upper Stomach

(No, it's not heartburn/indigestion... I've had enough of that to know the difference, haha).

When I sit, I am very uncomfortable. I would assume I have some baby feet up in my rib cage. Would this cause a tight/almost burning sensation? My whole stomach, especially the sides and top just kind of... hurts. I'm not (currently) having contractions, though I have had an increase in BH lately. 

Any thoughts? 

Re: Burning Sensation in Upper Stomach

• Could be the babies lodged into your ribs or could be epigastric pain... might want to call your doctor, especially if it's the latter. 
  • I had a spot in my upper abdomen that would burn off and on.  I thought it was because B always had his feet up there, but OB said probably muscle stretching.  I think now that it was some nerve damage occuring, because I have a small area where the burning occured that is numb now.  Over the months some feeling has come back, but still kind of a weird dead zone below my right rib cage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had that burning sensation right where underneath my bra.. I mentioned it to my OB and they seemed to think it was just stretching muscles. I've found that if I sit with my back really straight and a pillow behind me it doesn't hurt... So that's what I've been doing..
  • Sitting very straight does help... it's just not very comfortable, haha. Thanks ladies! I see my OB and MFM this coming week so unless it gets worse before then I'll probably just tough it out.
  • Ive had on and off burning sensation on the top of my stomach as well. I'm pretty sure it's just the stretching of the muscles but I haven't asked my doctor about it yet. I'm going to ask on Monday at my apt. Glad you posted this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"