Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Dr. Oz and the apple juice thing

I've heard a few news stories in the last 2 days that imply that Dr. Oz was onto something with his arsenic testing... still nothing conclusive enough to say stop drinking it, though.

And here I thought he was just a nut trying to get publicity  Indifferent

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45491242/ns/today-today_health/t/high-levels-arsenic-found-fruit-juice/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr. Oz and the apple juice thing

• I thought this was disproven?
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If Dr. Oz is a nut, then so is Consumer Reports. Just an FYI, Gerber was one of the brands tested that contained arsenic. The arsenic isn't an organic type as previously suggested in response to Dr. Oz's findings.

https://health.yahoo.net/articles/nutrition/arsenic-in-juice

Edit: I didn't look at your link until after I posted and realized yours was also from Consumer Reports. Sorry!

• Loading the player...
  • imageScout2005:

I don't think him possibly being on to something with this subject is mutually exclusive with him being a publicity-seeking nut.

True. I don't really know anything about him though, so I don't know how much of a nut he is.

• Yep- he's right. (nut or no nut) He's a Big purist. (is that a word?)
  • I'll clarify- I do believe he speaks the truth. I always liked him on Oprah and do believe he means well. I just think he can be a bit over the top.  Past posts have flamed him, so I wanted to revisit the subject now that there's been more research.
  • This was on our news last night as well.  At this point, I see no need to give LO juice, so its not really an issue. It's something I'll be watching though.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"