Adoption

Foster shower

My friend is throwing me a shower as we get ready for fostering, to help with all the things we should have for taking care of kids and so I'm looking for ideas of what to "register" for.  I'm intending on basically making a long list to give to her of things we need for kids, or maybe making a registry on amazon.  We are planning getting licensed for ages 0-3 yrs.

So far I have: A crib, a highchair, and we will be getting carseats soon... 

I have thought of: Gift cards for diapers, diaper wipes, a set of clothes in each size for each gender, rubbermaid tubs for storage, diaper pail...

What else would you recommend?  Things you wouldn't want to do without?

TIA!

Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
Bloggy blog

Re: Foster shower

• Congrats on getting ready to foster.  I would also recommend bottles, formula (this stuff is expensive), lots of diapers, a soundspa by homemedics is my absolute must have.  Its a great little machine that has about 5-6 different sounds of either lullabies, and nature sounds. It also has a projector that you can position on ceiling or wall that shows clouds rotating.  These are great for soothing little ones who may be having trouble sleeping.  Good Luck
  • We started fostering without having any other children and so i've been through the same thing... 

I can say that from our experience, you don't need much at the beginning really and once the child is here, people will be so excited and supportive that you will get all kinds of gifts or hand-me downs specific for that child!

Even thought I might think it's weird to have a registry in this instance (I like your idea of just passing out a list), I would recommend:

a diaper changing pad and covers 

crib sheets 

books

baby bathtub

bath wash/shampoo 

set of bottles/sippy cups

bibs!

diaper pail bags (we go through the diaper gene 2 bags (you know, the insert thing) fairly quickly and they aren't cheap)

maybe things for travel- we keep a separate bag to be sent to visits and a bag for our daily use 

• Loading the player...
  • I really don't have anything to add, but I wanted to comment on how sweet it is of your friend to host a shower for you!  It's wonderful you have so much support.  :-)
  • Thanks ladies!  And yes, I was completely surprised when they came to me saying they wanted to do this.  They are great friends!
    Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"