High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Talk to me about pre-e with #2

I had mild pre-e with DS (dx at 35 weeks). From that, I know that the blood pressure threshold is basically 140/90, to watch for swelling and headaches. 

This pregnancy has been almost identical to my previous one. I will say that the hyperemesis was def. worse this time around and I'm worried about developing pre-e again.

At my check-up today, my blood pressure was 138/88 and the past few weeks it has been in that range. 

Has anyone had pre-e with #2? Am I worrying over nothing? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about pre-e with #2

• Options
    I had pre-e the first pregnancy and my doctor said it is much less likely to develop it in a 2nd pregnancy.  Quick google search confirmed that, so I'm less worried this time.  I'm paying attention, watching for symptoms, but not really much else I can do!
  • Options
    I had it with my first and have had no sign of it this time.  I'm on a different, better blood pressure medicine this time, and I eat a lot of protein. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm wondering the same thing! There seems to be no real consensus. If it was just pre-e likely not to happen from everything I've read. But if you have chronic HBP then you are at risk again. I guess it's just a waiting game. Which I hate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had it with DD#1, but so far this pregnancy, my blood pressure readings have been in the normal range. I won't lie, I've had some days where the headaches have come on strong, and my blood pressure will rise. I'm trying not to freak out, but it's hard not too. Are you on any HBP meds now? I'm not, my BP regulated itself after DD was born at 33 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"