Northern California Babies
Options

Feeling really down...follow up

Well, I went in to have my blood drawn this morning and also have my US.  Last time both were checked were 8 days ago.  My beta went up, but only from 3398 to 6465.  Did the US and the sac that was there last week was gone.  My right tube was enlarged and dx me with a tubal.  Had methotrexate shot and rhogham since I am rh negative.  I knew that things didn't "appear normal," but last week I had felt the tubal issue was no longer a concern, since we saw a sac in the uterus and nothing in my tubes.  I knew I may miscarry or have to have a D & C, but didn't expect this.  Also was hopeful, even though chances were slim.  I am so sad.  I think I am just feeling scared and sad about the future too - like what if this happens again?  (I don't have ANY risk factors either - never had an IUD, never had PID or any STD).  What will I experience the next couple days with respect to pain or bleeding.  I also am extremely sad about the delay we now face.  I realize no one knows how long it will take them to get pregnant, but now we are put on hold.  I was told not to try for 3 months AFTER my betas are negative, which could take several weeks.  That probably puts me at 4-5 months before even trying.  I don't want to wait that long.  I know it is stupid, but I really was hoping my son and the next baby would be 3 yrs apart and now it is going to be further and further.  Just feeling really really down.  Please keep me in your thoughts. I want this to just be done with NOW!

Re: Feeling really down...follow up

• Options

Im really really sorry, I am hoping your betas go down very fast!!

I had mtx for a molar pregnancy and I know your concerns so please vent when you need to. Big big hugs

• Options

I am so sorry

((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of loving thoughts. With my ectopic I also had a unterine one I lost so I can't speak to how it went physically. But mine did resolve itself. Also I was doing IVF but I didn't have to wait 3 months to try again. Dunno if its different trying with IVF though. I am here if you want to talk at all...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm so, so sorry.
  • Options

I am so sorry :(

Lots of hugs

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Options

I am so sorry you are going through that. When I MC, my OB said I could get PG after I had just 1 period after D&C. Maybe ask your OB again what the harm would be in not waiting 3 months. plus my betas were over 20K I believe.

Good Luck

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  {{hugs}}
  • Options

I'm so sorry. 

As for what to expect, I'm not sure exactly.  I had the shots when my beta was 75 and nothing was visible on u/s.  I had been bleeding off and on for two weeks I think and bled off and on for 4 more weeks after the shot.  It took two weeks from the shot of MTX to get to 0 and I continued to spot. 

Your OB told you to wait 2-3 months after you get to zero because the shot requires you to stop folic acid in order for it to work.  The folic acid would stop the shot from working and the shot can interfere with early cell growth and cause birth defects if it is still in your system when you conceive.  I know this because I did NOT wait.  I wasn't clear why they wanted me to wait, my OB was not clear with me on the reason, so I did not wait.  And I sat on pins and needles for three months wondering if my child had spina bifida.  So yeah, I'd wait if I were you.

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Big hugs.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that, Thinking T&P for you.
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry. Huge hugs and lots of good thoughts. I totally understand the sadness of the delay, but take care of yourself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry that things are turning out this way. Try not to worry about the future, get through this and take care of yourself. big hugs.
  • Options
    I am very sorry you are going through this. 
  • Options
    (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Big hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"