TTC After a Loss
Options

First post, hoping it will make me feel better

This is my first post ever, frequent reader but never posted. My husband and I lost our first on Oct. 20 at 6w5d and ever since then I have been anxiously awaiting TTC again..but now that we are almost ready to start trying again (8 days away!), I am so nervous! I have been having a tough time relaxing, forget about sleep and I can't help but worry that all this worrying is going to mess me up! Does anyone have any helpful advice? I know that worrying is the last thing I should be doing but I can't seem to stop.
Anniversary Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First post, hoping it will make me feel better

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Welcome to the board.  You won't find a better group of ladies around.  As far as the worrying, I think it's just part of post-m/c life to be honest.  I have no helpful advice, just take it a day at a time!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.  I'm going to start TTC soon and don't have any real helpful advice on not worrying.  I'm a worry worm as it is, and after the miscarriage, I became worse.  I'm doing my best to stay positive.  My dad has told me to have hope in the future and focus on that, not to focus on what I have lost.  I use that as my mantra when I can.  The ladies here are wonderful and I'm sure will have some wonderful advice for you. :]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry for your loss!

Welcome to our board. Its full of amazing ladies full of advice. Unfortunately the way you feel is the norm. It gets easier over time but the worry will always be there. Good Luck to you next cycle...hope its the one and your stay on TTCAL is short and sweet! ((Big Hugs))

Your siggy pic is super cute!

Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

• Options
    First of all I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a horrible thing to go through. I have just now started TTC again also (this is my first cycle) so I have been dealing with a roller coaster of emotions! As hard as it sounds you just have to try to put the worry behind and focus on getting your take home baby! I know it is much easier said than done! I wish you the best of luck!!
  • Options
    Thank you :) I have found it so helpful just reading everyone stories and knowing that this isn't the end of the world (even though it sure seems like it sometimes) and I am not the only one who is going through this.. We have both been taking it day by day, i'm just worried that if I continue to worry all the time I won't be able to get pregnant again...and if I do get pregnant again..worrying will cause me to MC again... I worry..and worry about worrying! can't catch a break :/
    Anniversary Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

First, I'm so sorry for your loss....Good thing about this board, is we all know how you feel...Even though I wish NONE of us knew what it was like to lose a baby....

I know it's hard not to worry and I know this is the LAST thing you wanna hear but, I promise you, it does get easier. You'll never forget, things will always trigger that memory, but it won't be as hard to deal with...Time heals is what I'm trying to say....

I hope you find lots of info on this board as well as support.

Try to Stay Strong... (((Hugs)))

<3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you find the support and comfort that you are looking for here. The ladies on this board are awesome! I hope your stay is short. 
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.

There is a ton of great info in the TTCAL blog... many of the ladies here have a link in their siggies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. I am so sorry for your loss. Like PP mentioned, I hope you find comfort here and can continue to take things one day at a time. We all know how you feel, so feel free to share your worries if you need to. ((HUGS))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • Options
    imagemrs.ike:

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Welcome to the board.  You won't find a better group of ladies around.  As far as the worrying, I think it's just part of post-m/c life to be honest.  I have no helpful advice, just take it a day at a time!

All of this! (((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    So sorry about your loss.  I think it's impossible not to worry no matter how long it's been.  An older friend of mine who had a mc long ago was once told by her dr that she could run around doing jumping jacks, and if it's meant to be that kid ain't going nowhere.  I take comfort in that sometimes when I question every little thing I do and eat as I'm TTC.  Hang in there hun...

BFP #1 2/24/11 EDD 10/21/11 Natural m/c at 8weeks 3/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

? PgAL/PAL Always Welcome ?

• Options
    So sorry for your loss! Welcome! 8 days is so soon - Congrats! I wish I had some helpful advice on how to stop worrying b/c I worry constantly too since our loss!  Some days I find I need to take a break from all the TTC related stuff (books, message boards, talking about pregnancy and baby related stuff, etc.) and that has helped me when I start worrying a lot. I know some people do acupuncture to help w/stress and conceiving. That's always an idea.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, and welcome to the board.  These ladies here are all awesome and so strong.  We've all been there before (and are still there!).  I think worrying is inevitable, but my best advice is just to breathe deep and take it one day at a time.  And if it ever starts to overwhelm you, I've always found that a little retail therapy works nicely.  I'm sorry you have to be here, but I hope that your stay is short and that you're able to find the peace you need.
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options

Welcome to the board.  So sorry for your loss, and that it means you have to be here, but this is a wonderful group of ladies.

*hugs* 

TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • Options

Sorry for your loss! But welcome to the board. The ladies here are a wealth of wisdom and comfort.

I know what you mean about feeling anxious and worrying! This too is our first cycle since our last m/c TTC, and I still get anxious a lot. It helps to try to take a minute and remember that worrying wont get you anywhere. It wont help you get pregnant that's for sure! So try not to waste your energy on that. I would advise you to start temping and charting (if you haven't already). It's a great feeling just to know what's going on in your body! It certainly has helped me feel more in control to be doing something towards TTC other than worrying!

GL and I hope your time here is short and sweet.

• Options

Welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the anxiety around trying again. Some amount of anxiety is common around here. Since you asked for advice, here's mine:

If you are far more anxious than you normally would be then you might want to take a step back and consider whether you are truly ready to try again. I know how hard it is to hear that right now, I really do. If you are losing sleep and worrying about how much you are worrying - just think about how anxious you might be if you were to get pregnant on the first cycle after your loss. 

It took me two weeks into my first cycle TTCAL to know if I even wanted to try that month. I too was nervous and still heavily grieving. Once ovulation approached I got really excited about the possibility of a new pregnancy, so we went for it. 

Trust your instincts. You'll know what is right. GL!

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options

imagemonvon:
    i'm just worried that if I continue to worry all the time I won't be able to get pregnant again...and if I do get pregnant again..worrying will cause me to MC again... I worry..and worry about worrying! can't catch a break :/

Yup, this is me exactly. We're literally going to start TTC again tonight and I'm totally freaked out. I am definitely ready, but I'm so, so scared. Being on this board has been enormously helpful and I hope you find some help here too. I think it's just helpful to know that other people are feeling the same thing sometimes.

Good luck and I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board, hopefully you will find comfort here, I know that it has helped me a lot.  I wish I knew the trick to making worry go away, but I don't.  It just seems to be part of the process now.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  *hugs*

The best advice I can give is to just go with whatever you're feeling.  Don't question why.  You have a very valid reason to feel the way you feel.  Try to relax and not worry too much, but don't try to hold things back and not allow yourself to feel the way you're feeling.

BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss! Welcome. The ladies here are amazing! As for the worrying, like my wise friend Mrs. Ike said, it is part of the post m/c psyche. You just need to take it one day at a time. Lots of ((Hugs)) to you!
    mommy to Lanie~5/23/06 and Brynn~2/5/08 BFP 1/20/11 emergency surgery 1/27/11 twins lost. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image imageimageimage ~*~*~PGAL/PAL Welcome~*~*~
  • Options

Welcome!  I am also so very sorry for your loss.  Please know that you aren't alone.  We are here to listen. I too wish I could tell you that the worrying goes away but it really doesn't. As days go by it does get more manageable but it is an experience that you will never forget. Unfortunately having gone through this very sad experience, it will be something that is a part of you and it is really hard to be naive.  My DH and I started to try for our first in early 2010, had 2 losses and have taken the past 8 or so months off just to try to cope with everything and to start fresh in 2012. However, to tell you that I am not terrified to try again would be a lie because I am, but I am just taking it a day at a time and trying to be positive about the future because I have realized that this is all really out of my control.

Just take it a day at a time and don't set any expectations on how you are supposed to feel. If you feel like crying, cry and if you feel happy don't feel guilty about it. Allow yourself to just be. That is what seems to get me through this.  Sending tons of hugs your way!

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board, hopefully your stay here will be short.  That's a beautiful picture of you and YH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board, I hope your stay is short and sweet. I agree with PPs about taking it one day at a time and reading the blog. Good luck!
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"