March 2012 Moms

bump-conscious anyone?

okay..i may be the only one on this board but i would love to hear that i'm not alone! let me start by saying i love being pregnant and having my little one grow however..i am so self conscious of my bump! if i go out anywhere (even to work where everyone knows i'm expecting) i have to wear a shirt that shows of  my baby bump. i'm always afraid people are sitting there wondering if i'm pregnant or just fat. although you can tell that im pregnant not fat since i have only gained my baby bump weight and not anywhere else. i have always been self conscious of my body and now that i have my bump i feel like i'm worse. does anyone else feel the same way? i also find it hard to get into "sexy time" my SO still finds me attractive and is always trying to initate sex but once i feel like i have to be sexy i suddenly feel very unattractive.

i should also throw in here that i do eat like i should. so i'm not starving him by anymeans. and that i personally love my bump just not when i want to be sexy.

i would love advice as to how to get over this or how to feel confident and sexy with my bump! and just to know i'm not alone since i feel pathetic for posting this in the first place! TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bump-conscious anyone?

• No advice, but I feel the exact same way. I don't feel sexy at all and don't even want DH to look at me :( He says I'm still as sexy as the day he married me (this is also said while he's trying to put the moves on me so I don't know if I should take him seriously) but I really hate that my belly keeps getting bigger. I've dealt with weight/confidence issues my entire life. I've always been heavier than my sister who is younger and not thin enough for my mom (even now she still makes comments like when I wore my Browns jersey a few weeks ago she told me to "just give it to your sister it will look better on her now anyway).

Before I got pregnant I lost 20 pounds and was down to a weight I hadn't seen in YEARS and then BAM I get a BFP and I've just put 15 of those 20 pounds back on. Don't get me wrong, I love Mason and will do everything I can to have a healthy baby boy in my arms in March but it's such a confidence deflater when I look at my size 10 jeans hanging in my closet and realize I can't fit in them anymore :*(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's sometimes hard to get into feeling sexy when the baby is kicking DH while we're about to do it but I'm starting to get better at ignoring her lol. My hubby thinks I'm sexy no matter what and I just assume everybody knows I'm pregnant and if I think they're doubting it I start rubbing my belly. It creeps into my head every now and then but I just push it out because the first few months were so terrible I was to enjoy being pregnant while I can!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no advice, sorry...

But I am the same way about the shirts.. I have always had body issues, was previously overweight, and even since being at a healthy weight I've never been 100% thrilled with my body. I love my bump, and so I feel the need to make sure that's it's obviously a bump! I won't wear anything where it could be mistaken! Although I've only gained there and now it's getting much more obvious so I think I won't be as 'bad' about it anymore  Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • No advice here either. Sorry. I haven't feel sexy in months. One thing I'm looking forward to in March, besides my awesome little girl, is starting the journey to get my body back to where it was pre-pregnancy. Pregnancy, while lovely and fascinating, is difficult in many ways. It takes its toll physically, emotionally, socially, and really changes your life. I'm just convinced, as I'm sure you and all the other mamas are, that my LO is worth every discomfort I experience. It would be great to feel great pregnant. I don't, but I know I won't be pregnant forever.
  • imageHalloweenWife:

Before I got pregnant I lost 20 pounds and was down to a weight I hadn't seen in YEARS and then BAM I get a BFP and I've just put 15 of those 20 pounds back on. Don't get me wrong, I love Mason and will do everything I can to have a healthy baby boy in my arms in March but it's such a confidence deflater when I look at my size 10 jeans hanging in my closet and realize I can't fit in them anymore :*(

That is EXACTLY what happened to me...I had lost a ton of weight and gotten into great shape. And then found out I was pregnant. It took a few weeks to accept that...but it will be great motivation for the post-baby shape-up, at least! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am the same also! I had lost ninety pounds and even when I weighed 110 I still felt as though I were huge and that caused me to make unhealthy choices to keep the weight off. I constantly say I hope I don't look like I just have a beer belly. Today at my OB appt DH said your baby bump is adorable and perfect and not a beer belly at all..which in return did make me feel better but it is still in the back of my mind. I am very excited to get back to the gym in march! It is nice to know there are a lot of other people that struggle like I always have!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"