Stay at Home Moms
Options

Poll: Wake up time

Do you wake up before the kids?

Or do the kids wake you up?

My DD is up between 6-7am every morning, DH wakes up at 6 and leaves by 7:30.

I wake up usually when DS wakes up which is 7:00-7:30. Lately DS is switching up his naps and has been sleeping until 8-9-even 10. I have been automatically waking up at 8 the past few days. (DH sets DD up with her cartoons).

I am so slow in the morning, I can't help to think things would run smoother if I woke up/showered/got dressed by 7 when DD woke up. I would love to be THAT mom. But I am so tired the bed always wins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Wake up time

• Options

5am- with DH.

The kids STILL SHOULD be asleep-- but we have had some issues with Chase and teething lately. Sometimes I can get him back down- other times NOT. It's rough.

I usually make DH breakfast and talk in the AM before he leaves for work at 615

Gisele is up at 7am on the dot. without fail.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Since I get up two or three times a night I just try to sleep till one of the them is up for the day. Usually around 7:30 or 8am.

Once I can get my youngest to sleep through the night I would like to get up around 7am so I can get a few things done before they wake up. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

5am- with DH.

The kids STILL SHOULD be asleep-- but we have had some issues with Chase and teething lately. Sometimes I can get him back down- other times NOT. It's rough.

Your SO that mom! You even make everyone Breakfast, that rocks! I wish I could say that hah. My DH would not know what was going on if I did that.

• Options
    imageKellyOsu23:
    imageStacyc625:

5am- with DH.

Your SO that mom! You even make everyone Breakfast, that rocks! I wish I could say that hah. My DH would not know what was going on if I did that.

Trust me- I wish it wasn't at 5am- but sometimes it is the only quiet time we have together. Right now our schedules are a little quirky. we are both morning people- so it works. Its nice to sit and have a cup of tea in peace together and catch up. It really helps our marriage.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When not pregnant I usually wake up with DH between 5-6 AM, depending if he hits the gym before work or not.  However, for the last few months I have been waking up with DD, usually at 6:30.  I miss having my quiet time in the morning, but I have been much too tired lately to wake up earlier. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wake up before DD. I'm up around 7:30 and she's up between 8 and 9.
  • Options
    Weekdays, I wake the kids up but weekends, the kids wake me up.
  • Options
    Olivia wakes up at 5:30 to eat.  I get her back down around 6 and just stay up.  Then Jackson is up at 6:30 and Olivia shortly after.
  • Options

It depends on the day...if it's a school-day, I set my alarm to wake up at 7:45 so I'm sure to be dressed and ready and have time to get the girls ready for school at 9.

Other days, I usually let DD1 be my alarm ;) She's up anywhere between 8-8:30.

DH usually sleeps until I make him get up ;) He works really long hours and usually doesn't go in to work until anywhere between 10-12, but works from home a lot too...and he typically works and doesn't come to bed until 1am. Last night it was 3 :/

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    I would like to say that I get up before DD but I don't.  She usually wakes me up at 7:15.  I always said once she stopped waking up so much at night that I would get up earlier but it hasn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No I don't wake up before the kids. I wish I could, but bed is cozy!

The girls get up around 8 and wake DH up. He gets them breakfast then sets up coffee. Once the coffee's ready he brings me a cup in bed to get me up (he has done that since we first moved in together!) then he gets ready and heads to work. We're lucky that he sets his own hours and nobody cares if he doesn't get to work at 9 (of course the trade off to being allowed a slow morning is that he leaves for work by 10 and comes home between 10-11 most nights).

Next year it will all change unless we end up in a district with 1/2 day kindergarten and DD is in an afternoon class. Right now she's in afternoon preK, which is nice since we don't have to get up, but really cuts our day in half annoyingly.

Unfortunately we're in a small apartment, so there is no getting up before the kids. The hear either an alarm or just the sounds of us being up (no matter how quiet we try to be) and that wakes them up and then they're overtired and cranky all day, so for now we let them wake us up.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS wakes up between 7:20 and 8. We normally let him wake us up, then DH will go into work after that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    I get up when the kids wake up.  It's usually somewhere between 6 and 7, averaging around 6:30.  DH works at home so basically does the same.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wake up before everyone, usually around 5am. DH wakes up at 5:45, DD a 6 and DS around 7. I need some computer-coffee alone time before the morning starts or I will be a megabitch. By 6, I am making breakfasts and packing lunches.
    I am Turkey Lurkey... b/c it sounded better than Cocky-Locky.
  • Options
    I am up by 6:30 and DD usually sleeps until 7.  I wish she would sleep later so I could have more me time in the morning.
  • Options
    Weekdays I get up at 6:30, wake DS at 7 for school, and then DH gets up around 7:15. Weekends we sleep until DS wakes us up (7:15-7:30 usually, not too late sadly)
  • Options

My H has to leave the house by 7:30, he usually is up by 6:45 AM. 

DS wakes up at 4-5:30 AM for a feeding. I WISH he would sleep til 7 like he was doing over Thanksgiving... He teased me really good.

I wake up with him, usually don't get ready until he naps again about 8 or 9 AM. Or sometimes, I'm really bad and nap if I'm really tired and just get ready while he plays on the floor in the bathroom.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepenguingrrl:

Once the coffee's ready he brings me a cup in bed to get me up (he has done that since we first moved in together!)

Oh, this sounds like a dream!  Lucky girl....

DH gets up at 7 and is out the door by 730.  During that time he normally wakes DD up from his alarm clock or just moving around.   So I wake up when she does, we all go down stairs together and we send DH off to work, DD and I get breakfast.

DH ideal situation I would get up and make breakfast.  I would too like to be that mom, but I have yet to find the motivation to get out of the comfy bed.  Especially since I'm pregnant and can't eat anything I would make him.

• Options

DH is up at 4:30 out of the house by 5.  I stir when he wakes up.  DD is up at 6:30 on the dot.  She wakes me up.  Rarely, very rarely she will sleep until 7 and I still wake at 6:30 and read in bed until she wakes up. Lately she has  been waking up when DH gets up (grrrr) and I bring her into bed with me and she will usually sleep until 6:30-7.  

We do breakfast/coffee.  She plays well in the morning after being fed and normally gives me some time to do a couple chores and get a little work done.  Then we head upstairs between 8-9 and she plays in her room with the gate closed while I shower.  I tidy upstairs and we head out for the day by 10am.  This whole playing quietly while Mama showers thing has been going on for about 3 months.  It is great.   When she was tiny I would shower during her AM nap and by shower I mean rinse off in less than 3 minutes.  Very happy with our routine at the moment which means that is probably about to change ...

• Options

DD is always the one to wake me up. She's usually up around 7.

I'd sleep until 10 if I could because I have such bad insomnia at night.

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    DS has been waking anywhere from 6:30AM-7:30AM. DH is usually up early reading so he watches him for a bit.  We bedshare with DS so I usually tend to him at night while DH sleeps.  I sleep usually until 7:30AM.  
    April 2009
  • Options
    Wow...guess my kids are early risers! Both are up by 5:30. I'm a morning person but would love some quiet time before they got up! Ds usually wakes me up.
  • Options
    imageKaiterz:

imagepenguingrrl:

Once the coffee's ready he brings me a cup in bed to get me up (he has done that since we first moved in together!)

Oh, this sounds like a dream!  Lucky girl....

I am lucky Smile! Although he claims he started it because it was the only safe way he could think of to wake me up lol! Left to my own devices I'd sleep until 11!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I alternate mornings getting up with Ben.  During the week, whichever one of us isn't on 'Ben Duty' gets to sleep until 7:30-7:35am.  The days that it's my turn to get up with him, it's anywhere between 6:00-7:00 (he's the alarm clock).  On the weekend, DH and I each have one day to sleep in until 9:30.  It's my favorite day of the week.
  • Options
    Sometimes, DS wakes up for a feeding around 630am and goes back to sleep until 8am, if DH holds him in bed.  Otherwise I bring him out for coffee time, and I get up.  I like to get up before the kids to enjoy my coffee time...DD is a sleeper so she will sleep until close to 9am, on non school days.  Normally I have to wake her up for school. 
  • Options
    My DD is in school (K) so I have to set an alarm now (for the first time in like 6 years) and it wakes me at 7, then I wake her to get ready. (her bus comes at 8:17).  On the weekend, she is my alarm clock.. I sleep until she wakes. That's anywhere from 6:30 to 8:30.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options

I let the kids wake me up on non-school days, I am sooo not a morning person. They usually get up between 7:30 and 8am. On school mornings I set the alarm for 7:30, if they are not already up, I wake up and go wake them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"