VBAC

people are strange

We are TTC #2 right now.  I took #1 to the pedi yesterday for his check-up, and we started talking about me having more children.  She had a c-section, and loved it.  She remembered that I was really upset about my first c-section, and asked me how I would handle scheduling my RCS.  I told her I wanted to VBAC.

She told me I was crazy, and that I could die.  Then she said "It's not worth it.  Your uterus is going to prolapse or fold in half."  Fold in half?  WTF?  She insists she's going to talk me out of VBAC when the times comes.  I told her not to bother.  Thanks for the support, lady!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: people are strange

• That seems very inappropriate for a doctor to say, let alone a pediatrician who is not your doctor. Personally, I would find a new pediatrician. But good luck TTC and on your VBAC in the future!
  • Well doesn't she sound educated!  ;)  She sounds even less educated than most lay people on the subject and should definitely keep her opinions to herself.  Very odd indeed.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekcvasquez:
    That seems very inappropriate for a doctor to say, let alone a pediatrician who is not your doctor. Personally, I would find a new pediatrician. But good luck TTC and on your VBAC in the future!

I know.  I find this very unusual.  The thing is, she is great with my son, and is very thorough and knowledgable.  We have seen several different pedis due to some food intolerance/allergy issues, and she's the only one who was able to figure things out.  She's been a great advocate for him, where the other pedis weren't concerned at all.  I will keep her for this reason.  But I really think she should stick to her area of expertise.

• Wow, did you tell her to mind her own business. As a pediatrician, your uterus is none of her concern. Given her obvious lack of medical knowledge, I might start the search for a new pediatrician.
  • What a weirdo.  It's disturbing that such nonsense can come out of a physician's mouth.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF? That is a crazy thing to say! I love the "fold in half" remark - how would that even work? Sigh.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• wow, that is some strange comments from a pedi.

I can relate though.  I was talking to my sister about it.  She told me that I am putting her unborn nephew in danger and I could die from uterine rupture.  She said that a co-worker "who did research" decided on a rcs, bc vbac is SO dangerous. Ignorance drives me insane.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow that was incredibly rude and unprofessional of her!  If she brings it up again I'd tell her I wasn't comfortable talking to her about it, and that I've done extensive research and have made my decision and that my healthcare provider is 100% supportive, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I'm glad she was happy with her birth.

Not glad that she is clearly misinformed and overstepping boundaries.  I feel bad for Moms that don't know that what she said was incorrect.  Everyone deserves to make an informed choice.  Agree with pp that she should stick to practicing pediatric care. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My old pcp, who I was seeing for PPD, told me that a c section is the healthiest way to give birth.  Drs can be dumb.
  • imageholly321:
    My old pcp, who I was seeing for PPD, told me that a c section is the healthiest way to give birth.  Drs can be dumb.

now thats mis informed!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • imageiris427:
    What a weirdo.  It's disturbing that such nonsense can come out of a physician's mouth.

This exactly. Crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"