Food Allergy

Raising the white flag **Update**

I am so frustrated!

DD has had a rash on her bottom for about a week that looked like a yeast infection.  She is potty trained during the day, but is still in night diapers.  It looked like a yeast infection and though she isn't in diaper much, I figured that was it.  

So today we get home from school and she says her belly itches, the rash now goes from her tailbone to her armpits.  I called the exchange and with her allergy history they feel that may be the culprit.  I gave Benadryl and hydrocortisone about an hour ago and though she's not itching as much, the rash hasn't changed.

She hasn't had anything new, I watched her like a hawk on T-day, plus the initial rash was already there.  I'm afraid she may be getting more sensitive, she has been able to tolerate soy lecithin in the past.  I have to call the pedi in the morning and see how she wants to proceed, pedi, allergist, or dermatologist. 

I just feel so helpless and useless with these damn allergies.  The poor girl doesn't deserve this, none of our kids do.  I give up, every time I think I have her environment and food under control something else pops up.  Vent Over!

**Update**

Well I can breathe easier on the allergy side of things, but she has scabies.  So gross, we all did the treatment tonight.  DH is working OOT so we think he may have brought them home from the hotel, but he doesn't have them.  The only other thing I can think is school but I spoke with the teacher tonight and no one else has reported it.  As gross as it is, I am so happy it's not allergies.  At least this is something that has an end in sight.

Thanks ladies for your concern and advise.

Re: Raising the white flag **Update**

• That stinks, I'm sorry!  Perhaps it's an environmental culprit, a reaction to something she's touching, rather than something she's eating?  I don't know what her allergies/reactions are normally, but if she hasn't eaten anything new that could be it.  If she has a gluten allergy, check her shampoo/soap/detergent.  Actually, if she has any allergy (milk, soy, etc) you could check those as well.  Good luck and I hope she feels better soon!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• I'm sorry!!!! hugs!

We started challenging soy also and when we first started it was going great and then his diaper rashes appeared and we had to remove soy again.  maybe you remove soy for just a little bit to see if that is causing it.  My doc told me that between 2 and 5 y/o their allergies can get super high and then start to go down around 4 - 5 y/o..  due to their immune changing (or something like that) so maybe that's what's happening..  hope the rash disappears 

• Loading the player...
  • We are battling a yeast diaper rash and eczema flare too. So sorry. Ours was due to my son having thrush after taking an antibiotic for an ear infection and the change of weather has done a number on his skin. Don't think that you did anythng wrong. It is very frustrating I know, but I am told by my sister that as our LOs get older, they will have less and less skin irritation and outbreaks of eczema, and I am looking forward to that day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know it's hard to think it could be something other than an allergy, but I had a similar type rash several years ago, started on the bottom, worked it's way up to my abdomen & arms.  I took benadryl, as I thought it was an allergic reaction, nothing happened...turns out I had scarlet fever.

It's pretty contagious once it's going around.  It was going around where I lived at the time and although I had had no cold symptoms to indicate it, that was it.

It's not a big deal, just some penicillin or amoxicillin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"