Adoption
Options

Almost done with interviews and Home Study

Paperwork is all in, my interview with SW was today. DH is scheduled for his interview on Monday and home visit is scheduled for 12/16. I'm so excited that we won't have anything on our "to do" list during the Christmas holidays! What is that I feel? Oh yeah - a bit of relaxation coming our way!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Almost done with interviews and Home Study

• Options
    Congratulations!  We are at about the same place.  Our agency does the home visit first and then the interviews.  Our home visit is scheduled for December 13th.  Let the cleaning begin!  There is an advantage to having the home visit in mid-December...our houses will be very clean for the holidays! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Awesome!  Looks like a handful of us are close to the same spot in our timelines.  We have the house clean and ready for Christmas, our home study AND a baby!!

Doesn't this all of this so amazing and unbelievable?

Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know a lot of people get nervous around the home visit, but I am so calm about the whole thing. Maybe that's my low dose of Zoloft talking, but I am calm and happy and just not worried about anything at all. My DH, on the other hand, is a nervous wreck about his interview on Monday!

I'm just ready to decorate for Christmas, get gifts wrapped and sent, and enjoy some down time now that everything is in motion.

Now - after some time on the official waiting list, I am sure I will change my attitude! Smile

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just had home visit. Was DEFINITELY not as stressful as I've been hearing. It was actually fun!!! For those who have not done it yet, just relax and be yourself. Show the SW the great person and super parent you will be!

Now we are doing fingerprinting and just waiting to get certified to move forward. Then..the waiting game begins... 

• Options
    Awesome!  I'm so happy you will be able to relax and enjoy the holidays.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"