July 2012 Moms

due date? (a confused venting post)

So I'm confused.  I've been for 2 days now and it's finally gotten to the point where my confusion has taken over all my thinking.

At my u/s on Monday my due date was revised - which was expected.  I was told that I was 8w1d, but my new due date was July 3rd (only 1 day earlier than what I was told earlier).   But if my new due date is July 3rd, wouldn't I be further along than 8w1d??  When I thought my due date was July 4th, I was 8w4d.... 

And now the new ticker I tried to create told me I was actually 9w if my due date is July 3rd!  I ended up manipulating the dates, so that the ticker read me as 8w1d on Monday.  But the ticker says July 8th!

I know...  It's just a few days difference.  And almost no chance that I'll deliver on my actual due date.  But just for peace of mind I would like a date.  A consistent date.  So that I have a goal in mind.  And I know what date to write on my pregnancy announcements that I'll be working on this weekend.

Ok, that's it.  Thanks for reading.  I know, you think I'm crazy.  :)

Re: due date? (a confused venting post)

• EDDs are extremely fluid in the first few months (at least in my experience). Mine has gone from the 13th to the 17th to the 15th to the 22nd. For now, I'm sticking with the 15th because it makes the most sense based on my chart. If 22nd sticks when we go back in two weeks, I'll switch it.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. You could just do "Coming in July 2012" on your announcements instead of a specific date.

DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • If it helps at all, my EDD is July 3rd. I'm 9w2d today (Thursday).

Just a piece (or two) of advice: Don't look at your EDD as a goal, and don't put your EDD on your pregnancy announcements or otherwise let anyone know the actual date. Not only is there almost no chance that you'll deliver on your actual due date, but there is a significant chance that you'll deliver after your actual due date -- and then, feeling like you've "missed" your goal can mess with your head big time. Not to mention the constant phone calls from everyone wondering if the baby is here yet.

Having experienced both of those things with DD (born two weeks late), I'm planning to give a due date of "July" if people ask. If pressed, I might say "mid July."

All that said, I would suggest clearing up the confusion with your doctor's office. If they thought I were 8 weeks this week per u/s, I would want to make sure they didn't write down an EDD that puts me at 9 weeks. Again, this can make a big difference at the end of the pregnancy.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Loading the player...
  • Your DD is likely to change a few more times if you have more u/s.  I wouldn't get hung up on it, just go with what your OB says for now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My due date is also July 3 and I am over 9 weeks. If you are 8 weeks then you due date would be around the 8th.
    IUI #1 9/13 with 50 clomid and trigger - bfn.
    Round 2, CD1 9/27 100 clomid days 3-7 - bfp!
    10/23 BFP! Beat #1 34, Beta #2 154
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At my appointment last tuesday, my doctor said I was 8 weeks and 3 days... with a due date of july 4th - (that was given to me at my very first appointment at 4 weeks.) He said I was 3 days ahead of where he thought but he was not going to mess with changing the due date since i could deliver a week sooner or later anyways. Now I am 9 weeks and 4 days... much like you would be. My best guess if that your doctor is like mine, dont bother changing it if it does not really make a difference.

• Yeah, I'm confused with you! That doesn't make any sense. I was measuring 8w1d at my u/s on Monday, too, and my EDD was set as July 8. But EDD's are just that, estimated due dates. It's unlikely any of us will actually give birth on our EDD, but it's nice to have a general idea.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"