May 2012 Moms
Options

Walmart furniture?

I am just wondering if any of you ladies have ever bought furniture from Walmart.  I was looking at some of their crib sets and they are a very decent price.  But my DH and I are not sure about the quality of the wood and such.  Any thoughts and comments would be helpful.  Smile Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Walmart furniture?

• Options

DH and I bought a bookcase and a dresser from Walmart. Particle board. Good enough for now but will be replaced with "real" furniture in the future. 

married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Options
    All cribs have to pass safety standards, so I think you would be just fine getting a Walmart crib. SmileIf you have an IKEA by you they have 2 cribs that rank really high and they are only $79 and $99!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. It just happened that I think one of the cribs at Wal-Mart is really cute (it's kind of retro looking, which I love) and I haven't found anything else like it within my price range. I almost feel bad for wanting to buy an off-brand crib from Wal-Mart, but I know that they are made to certain safety standards. And, since cribs don't have drop sides any more, it seems like the actual construction of them must be pretty much the same. I do want to find some reviews first though...
  • Options

Our son's crib is from Walmart- it was easy to put together and is still holding strong at 13 months out.  They're not in a crib for that long, so don't spend a ton of money on it! 

link

Looking at the page now, it was cheaper when we bought it.

• Options

DS crib is from walmart. It's the AFG Nadia. He LOVES his crib and I really love it too. It's sturdy and handles him. He's a BIG boy (18 months and 32 pounds/35 inches) and loves to jump on his bed. He also has never attempted or been successful at climbing out. I plan to get another one just like it for LO #2. I will more than likely get a white one for a girl, and another cherry one for a boy.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nadia-3-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Sweet-Dreams-Mattress-Bundle-Cherry/14245031

We got this one for DS...sorry can't get a picture of it really... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We once bought bedside tables from them, figuring...it's a bedside table, who cares if it's low quality? It is the highest quality furniture I have ever gotten from a non-furniture store! It wasn't the cheap end of what they had, but it was cheap compared to what was out there, and we're very happy with it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagejmgcoggins:

DS crib is from walmart. It's the AFG Nadia. He LOVES his crib and I really love it too. It's sturdy and handles him. He's a BIG boy (18 months and 32 pounds/35 inches) and loves to jump on his bed. He also has never attempted or been successful at climbing out. I plan to get another one just like it for LO #2. I will more than likely get a white one for a girl, and another cherry one for a boy.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nadia-3-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Sweet-Dreams-Mattress-Bundle-Cherry/14245031

We got this one for DS...sorry can't get a picture of it really... 

LOVE this! And, shockingly, my hubby likes it, too! He has told me in the past he doesn't like anything with curves...but this one is interesting and really nice looking. It's filed away as a distinct possibility for us, the first we've come across!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We bought DS's crib set from Walmart and although I was a little hestitant at first, it turned out to be a great buy!  Like pp's said, all cribs have to pass the same safety standards.  We'll be buying the same set (but in brown) for this baby.

• Options

Most of the cheaper baby furniture, especially at Walmart/Target, isn't actually made of real wood.  If that doesn't bother you then what they have there should be fine.  I personally wouldn't let me kid chew on the sides, just use some kind of protector when they get to that stage.

One exception that I know of at Walmart is their Baby Mod collection which is solid wood and has a non-toxic finish.  The link above also appears to be wood with a non-toxic finish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I LOVE the Baby Mod cribs from Wal-Mart and, through research, I found out that they are almost identical to and made by the same manufacturer as the more expensive Babyletto cribs/Da Vinci furniture sold at BRU.  I don't know if the crib you like is a Baby Mod, but just in case it is, I thought I'd mention it.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on getting my crib at Walmart (Graco Lauren).  They sell the same crib elsewhere for more $ so why not!
  • Options
    I bought my older sons toddler bed there and it was great. we recently got a free twin bed so i gave the toddler bed to a friend and its working great for her daughter too. It was the wood one not a character bed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies!! All of these comments have definitely helped.  Looks like we might end up getting one of those cribs. Just have to investigate a little further :)
  • Options

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Stanton-4-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Espresso/14012480

Thats the crib we plan to get in a month or two. It says its pine wood, and its the same safety standards as all cribs so we're not too worried.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We bought DD a 3pc bedroom set, crib, dresser, changing table 4 years ago and we still have them all and DS is now using the crib. They are not bad at all as long as they are put together right. We will definitley be going to walmart to buy 2 more cribs for the twins. The prices are great, can't beat that.
  • Options
    For those who say Walmart and Target are not real wood.. I agree with you on most furniture.. however... the cribs are real wood or metal. The drawers underneath a crib might be fake wood, etc.. but the railings are real. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"