January 2012 Moms
Options

Help - nursing bras/tanks?

I am hoping to get some things before DD arrives - last time I BF'd with DS, I had a bunch of Bravado stuff that was ok, but not great (tanks etc. - had good support, but just kind of hot, and not perfect).  This time, I'm thinking I'll try some Target tanks for around the house, and I'd love to find some really comfy and supportive bras that aren't $50 each.  Any recs? :)

Re: Help - nursing bras/tanks?

• Options
    I love the Target nursing bras, but hated their nursing tanks.  I did not like having material all the way around and prefer the Bravado tanks because the cup pulled completely down.
    ~Annie Marie~
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    natural m/c 3.28.08, image
    My Blog
  • Options

You'll just have to make sure with the target tanks that there's not matieral all the way (if that's the style you want). I bought one just to see if I liked it (it didn't have the "hole" for your boob, but pulled all the way down) w/ DS. I am still wearing it (although it's stained from lanolin) 2 yrs later, so it's held up well (washed more than anything else I own). When I went back to buy more in different colors after DS was born, I just grabbed the right size. They all ended up having the "hole" for your boob, and I hated them (but didn't check before I took the tags off b/c I assumed they were the same).

I looked at them in the store just recently, and they've changed the style on some (they have buttons down the front), but I didn't look to see if they had the "hole" or not. I also have some motherhood maternity (?) brand, but they don't fit right. My favorite is still the very first one I had from target, so I'll be sad if I can't find some to replace it.

I've never had any luck with a good nursing bra. The ones that offer some support always hurt (wires on the side, etc). I usually just use a cheap one under a nursing tank. I have one expensive one to wear under nursing shirts, but it took me a year of nursing to break down and buy it, and it's not very comfortable :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zulilly is having a nice sale right now on La Leche nursing bras - I'm planning to buy 3-4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"