Baby Names
Options

My ob's name is Kirstin...

...and almost everyone says her name is Kristen.  My friend who recommended her to me said her name was Kristen.  Even on the web search, she comes up as Kristen a lot.  On every official paper it's Kirstin.  I wonder if it drives her nuts...?
m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My ob's name is Kirstin...

• Options
    I know a Kirstin and she refuses to answer to the name Kristen. 
  • Options

That's a hard one. I've noticed no one gets it right.

Kristen, Kirstin, Kierstan...I know them all. They are all nice names but they are forever correcting people!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure it does unless she was able to convince herself long ago that she likes the name Kristen too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That would make me nuts!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options

I'm a Kristin and I always have to correct people. Most of the time I just let them spell/pronounce it however they want, unless its important then I will correct. (I do have to say when I was little I ALWAYS wished I was Kirstin instead)

I've gotten Kristen, Kirsten, Christian, Cristian, Kristian.. some other strange ones too. Im not really sure how people come up with the way they think its spelled but oh well.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a student named Kirsten. What drives me nuts about it is that I can NEVER remember if she goes by Keersten or KIR -sten. I always apologize and ask her to remind me so that she knows I really feel like its important to pronounce her name correctly, but at the same time her name secretly annoys me lol
  • Options

I especially hate it when people are so unaware that there's a difference.

My name is Suzanne.  Not Susan.   Two completely different names, but so many people see them as interchangable.   Drives me nuts.

• Options

imageDecember192009:
    I have a student named Kirsten. What drives me nuts about it is that I can NEVER remember if she goes by Keersten or KIR -sten. I always apologize and ask her to remind me so that she knows I really feel like its important to pronounce her name correctly, but at the same time her name secretly annoys me lol

I do the same thing every time I see the name Kirsten!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageHeartcoreLove:

I'm a Kristin and I always have to correct people. Most of the time I just let them spell/pronounce it however they want, unless its important then I will correct. (I do have to say when I was little I ALWAYS wished I was Kirstin instead)

I've gotten Kristen, Kirsten, Christian, Cristian, Kristian.. some other strange ones too. Im not really sure how people come up with the way they think its spelled but oh well.

My name is Kristin and ditto to the above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"