D.C. Area Babies
Options

AW and PIP: Holiday Card

card

anyone else want to post their holiday card???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW and PIP: Holiday Card

• Options

Victoria--yours looks great!! 

Just finished mine on Monday and put in my order...I think this is my favorite yet :-)

front:

back:

• Options
    yours is very cute too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagevictoria1212:
    yours is very cute too!

thanks! and for full disclosure, I stole the wording from minted.com--I like designing cards, but I suck at writing them ;-) 

• Options
    I have no idea how to post mine - I did it on Shutterfly - I also don't know how to cross out our names....anyone want to give me a tutorial? 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

BH! I'll have to ask you how to do stripes that aren't a major PITA. I did the ones in my sig and they sucked. They're actually a continuous background but look wonky because of the stuff in between.

ETA - My sig is basically our card, though I changed the "Wishing you" and name font. And used our real names and whatnot. 

• Options

I did ours on mypublisher (10 free cards plus free S&H coupon!) and I've got pix on all 4 sides so I am not sure how to post it here!

I have a total of 6 photos but the main one is this one:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1QZNXLFsxYtg-    

• Options

Wow - so you guys all designed your own?  That is really impressive.  I use Shutterfly every year, so I don't know that I have the capability of posting it here unless I scan it with names Sharpied out (and I don't have a scanner). 

A talented bunch of mommies here!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    imageSofka:

I did ours on mypublisher (10 free cards plus free S&H coupon!) and I've got pix on all 4 sides so I am not sure how to post it here!

I have a total of 6 photos but the main one is this one:

https://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=a08254a2c6fd42b7&sid=1QZNXLFsxYtgc/cC/f

Broken link.  Maybe Shutterfly doesn't like to share?

• Options
    imageArtslvr:

Wow - so you guys all designed your own?  That is really impressive.

Pshh. The design was easy compared to getting him to cooperate for that photo.  It cost me two Hershey miniatures.

And I'm sure yours is lovely! You have gorgeous kids! I would have used a Shutterfly design if I had found one I loved. 

• Options

OK, best I can do - it's these two photos on a card that says Happy Holidays.

• Options
    Very cute! And I'm impressed that you already have your cards put together. I may have mine done by Dec. 20. Tongue Tied
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsPhilDunphy:

BH! I'll have to ask you how to do stripes that aren't a major PITA. I did the ones in my sig and they sucked. They're actually a continuous background but look wonky because of the stuff in between.

yours look good! I designed my card in Adobe InDesign and just used the box tool to make long, skinny rectangles. Then I used the align tool to space them out evenly and then grouped them all together and rotated them about 20 degrees.

For the front of the card, to cut them off, I just put another box on top of them in the same light greenish color of the background.

You should be able to do all of that in Photoshop, too, but for me, ID is a little faster and easier to use for layouts like this...also, I think it's better for working with type. 

• Options

Artslvr, mine just came from Tinyprints, so you're not the only one who doesn't create them from scratch.  :-)

Front:

Back:

(The caption says:  Sending lots of love this Christmas, no matter how far apart we are!)

• Options
    mine is from shutterfly. I have no time to be creative these days and just getting the pics was hard enough!
  • Options

I usually make ours (paper-craft style--i'm not tech-savvy like all you ladies!), but just couldn't get myself together to have them done in a timely fashion.  So I used Shutterfly this year as well.  I couldn't decide on just one, so I ordered 2 different ones.  Let's see if these work...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

these are all so cute! i did ours in shutterfly too... the big brown box on the right has a short letter, but i just uploaded my draft version so i don't have to block it all out! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine is from a new company I tried called the Stationary Studio. They ran a Today Show special a couple of weeks back. I haven't seen them in person yet, but I hope they turn out!

I really love seeing everyone elses. They are all beautiful! I love this time of year!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Artslvr, mine just came from Tinyprints, so you're not the only one who doesn't create them from scratch.  :-)

Front:

Back:

(The caption says:  Sending lots of love this Christmas, no matter how far apart we are!)

I can only see red X's - I wanna see I wanna see!

• Options
    imageSofka:

This is a FANTASTIC picture.  I love it!

• Options
    I love all of these - it's so nice to see everyone's family pics.  Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaa! 
  • Options
    we have the best looking families on this board!
  • Options
    imageArtslvr:
    imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Front:

Back:

That's weird.  Can you see my sig pics?  Everything is through Flickr.  I can see them all.

• Options
    imageAgrippaRidesAgain:
    imageArtslvr:
    imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Front:

Back:

That's weird.  Can you see my sig pics?  Everything is through Flickr.  I can see them all.

Now I can see!  Love the idea of having a front/back card.  I'll need to look into that next year.

We do have some goreous babies on this board. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"