June 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Toy Suggestion

My brother is 27, and all he wants for christmas this year is a toy.  I think it's because he usually gets gift certificates or clothes for christmas, and he misses having something to play with on christmas day.

So what kind of toy suggestions do you have?  I was thinking erector set, or model rockets, or a remote control car, I'm not really sure.  Does anyone else have any ideas?

Re: NBR: Toy Suggestion

• Options

Do you remember some of his favorites from when he was a kid? I've given my brother antique toys that he loved and they've always been a big hit. (In the interest of full disclosure, DH is an antique toy dealer so can find just about anything. But eBay is a great option too.)

Ps. Anything over 20 years old is considered antique, but I usually like to say retro instead. It makes me feel younger. ;) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Depending on how much you want to spend, there are gas powered remote control cars that really fly.  I think they are around $100 for a base model.  I know this because DH went through that phase for a while (until he killed his car).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about games? I like all your ideas too. Maybe I'll do something like this for my brothers too...

image   image

• Options

DH wanted a remote control helicopter for his birthday a few years ago.  He had a really good time learning to fly it and then flying it around the house.

Nerf guns seem to never go out of fashion with the males I know, though that might not be fun without someone to play with.

Thinkgeek has some fun toys on there too. 

HTH! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got both my hubby and my brother a large LEGO model set for Christmas.  Not sure if this is something that would be of interest to your brother or not.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagetangerine3lz:
    I got both my hubby and my brother a large LEGO model set for Christmas.  Not sure if this is something that would be of interest to your brother or not.  Good luck!

Ohh, speaking of Lego, that Lego Architecture line is really cool, IMO.

https://architecture.lego.com/en-us/products/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My husband and father both enjoyed playing with my son's Snap Circuit set.  It uses snaps to make electric connections, pretty neat. My husband also wants to borrow their Nerf gun laser tag guns for work, they are loud but pretty cool for that type of thing.  And there are also a ton of Christmas Lego sets that would be fun to build over the holidays.

• Options
    imagedogsfornow:

Do you remember some of his favorites from when he was a kid? I've given my brother antique toys that he loved and they've always been a big hit. (In the interest of full disclosure, DH is an antique toy dealer so can find just about anything. But eBay is a great option too.)

Ps. Anything over 20 years old is considered antique, but I usually like to say retro instead. It makes me feel younger. ;) 

This is a good idea. My husband always makes us stop by the Transformers and Star Wars toys when we go to the grocery store. He would be thrilled if I actually bought one for him. (He is 27 too).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Legos are good.  BuckyBalls are expensive but fun.  I love model rockets, so I would probably pull for that.
  • Options
    imageNicholeeK:

DH wanted a remote control helicopter for his birthday a few years ago.  He had a really good time learning to fly it and then flying it around the house.

Nerf guns seem to never go out of fashion with the males I know, though that might not be fun without someone to play with.

Thinkgeek has some fun toys on there too. 

HTH! 

I second ThinkGeek. :)  I spent quite a bit of money on there this year for my Nephews and Husband's Christmas gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The guys in my family had a lot of fun with those remote control helicopters last year at Christmas. 
  • Options
    Legos.  Remote control car is a good idea, too.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"