Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower quilt

I want to have the guests decorate a patch and then have the patches incorporated into a quilt.  I am trying to find a kit to make this as easy as possible.  Does anyone know if anything like this exists?  I tried searching online, but I'm not finding anything appropriate for a baby shower.

Thanks for your help! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Baby shower quilt

• Options
    The only thing I can think of is to provide precut squares to guests as they arrive and make fabric markers available in the mom-to-be's colour scheme. Guests could write their wishes for the baby on the squares for you to quilt together later. Make sure you pre-wash cotton fabric before cutting the squares.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know I saw something like that at Joann Fabrics before.  ANother option is to cut out fabric squares and let your guests draw on them with fabric markers or crayons.  Plain muslin works the best for this.  After the squares are done, you can incorporate any other fabrics, colors, you would like.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I have to talk to the future grandma to be.  She makes quilts, but she won't be able to make it to the shower.  I was thinking I could send the pieces to her so she could add her touch and assemble.  I'll see what she thinks.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about trying crayons on a solid light color fabric? Stretch the fabric over some card board. Have guests draw or write with crayons (the darker the better). Place a paper towel over the fabric and iron. The paper towel will absorb the wax but leaves the dye on the fabric. I have not personally tried to machine wash this yet but it has passed my handwashing tests. Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do.
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I did this for my second baby and its easier then you think. I was doing an animal theme room so I bought animal fabric stamps at Michaels and fabric paint in n assortment of colors. I had each guest paint 4 animals of their choice on pre cut fabric squares (5x5) I also made one big square that I had everyone sign their name in puffy paint that I attached to the back of the quilt so it showed who was all there. It was a fun easy project!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"