February 2012 Moms

TMI- clear liquid coming from nipple...?

My nipples have been a little crusty (omg I hate that I'm even using that word) or something lately. So I was randomly SLIGHTLY picking at the skin on the left one to get some of the... excess (?) off. Don't judge, lol. I go to inspect the right one for the same reason and bo-yah!- there's a drop of clear liquid sitting near the center, I don't think I had even messed with it yet. I wiped it away with my finger and upon further inspection, another tiny drop of the clear liquid came out of the same place. It's slightly sticky and seems totally clear. Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else? I know colostrum can come in early but I guess I thought that would be at least somewhat more milky in color, not clear like this is. Is this maybe a sort of pre-colostrum? I'm planning on trying to not mess with them at all (and normally don't anyway btw, they've just been sort of flakey recently) because it's really freaky, haha.

I asked a friend who has been pregnant before and she said she had the same sort of thing happen but it was a little darker in color, slightly greater in quantity, and happened probably a few weeks later than where I am.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TMI- clear liquid coming from nipple...?

• Yeah, it's just colostrum. Totally normal. It can be from clear to milky... I've been leaking since, like, 16 weeks. Last week I found a drop that was opaque and YELLOW. That freaked me out for a minute. Apparently that's normal too, though.. lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah, got that too. It is colostrum. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the pp, it's just colostrum.  I have the same thing going on. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You are normal. Smile  I also have had this since around 15-16 weeks.  Ranges from looking clear to slightly yellowish.  I use Lanisoh daily and it helps combat any cracking, soreness, or crustiness. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ditto what they all said.  I've had it for a while- causing me to wear bras all the time-- that seems to help the leakiness.  Mine is clear when I do see the liquid (not the dry evidence).
    BabyFruit Ticker

• yup definitely colostrum! mines the same, clear and kinda sticky! i notice its more when i get out of a nice long shower, but have also noticed it at night as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks ladies, good to know this stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"