Secondary IF

Acupuncture Question

How often do you go?  I have only been going for about 6 weeks now and she has me coming in for weekly appointments.  I was wondering if she would cut down to twice a month....I am really happy with the results, but it is getting costly...just wondering what your practitioner recommends.

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Acupuncture Question

• I am going for my initial appt tomorrow, so I am not 100%, but I think they prefer 1x a week.  I absolutely can't do that right now. If a few more of my home sale deals close, maybe, but 2-3x a month for now is all I can swing.  I'm sure he/she will understand or work out a discount.  GL!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Our goal is 2x/wk during the first half of the cycle to build my lining, and then once or twice total during the second half of the cycle just to rebalance me.

This month, though, I was only able to go once during the whole first half of the cycle, so we'll see.  Of course, we won't see much as it's not like we are doing ultrasounds to look at my lining anymore.  I guess we'll see in 14 days if AF shows or if I get 2 lines.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine recommends that I come at least once a week. I typically don't go the first week of my cycle. So, it's really about 3 times a month. In IF cure, I know there are some self accupressure points that it recommends.

Mine is covered under my chiropractic coverage. Is this not the case for most people?

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Mine always preferred once a week as well. But when those got to be too much or my schedule couldn't fill it in, then I would concentrate on doing more before ovulation and maybe one after ovulation to help encourage the burrowing of the egg. She told me the most important is right before ovulation to encourage a "powerful" push of that egg.
    IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Mine wanted 2x per week for the first 6 weeks, but that was out of the question.  I did 1x per week every week for 5 months.  I know it can take longer than that to get the full benefit from it, but when we got the news that this most recent pregnancy ended in m/c, I stopped going.  I may go back, but I can't do OOP acupuncture and fertility costs.  :(
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • imagelillinzlou:

Mine recommends that I come at least once a week. I typically don't go the first week of my cycle. So, it's really about 3 times a month. In IF cure, I know there are some self accupressure points that it recommends.

Mine is covered under my chiropractic coverage. Is this not the case for most people?

No coverage for me.  100% OOP.

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • For the first month, he wanted me to go twice a week.  Now I just do once a week.  It's not covered by my insurance either, but I do get some kind of no-insurance-coverage discount.  It is still really adding up though, especially with the herbs, so I really hope it works soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"