Austin Babies

If you haven't already, please toss T-day leftovers!!!

I worked the last 3 nights and I lost count of the number of people who felt strongly they had "food poisoning" after eating Thanksgiving leftovers. 5 days is the absolute MAX you should ever eat leftovers. Aim for no more than 3. For group gathering party kind of leftovers where you don't have as much control over double dipping, little hands and Aunt Lucy's smokers cough... maybe just 24-48 hours. Keep in mind many people have their food out for hours on T-day before it even gets put away. Not good.

No turkey sandwich is worth it coming out both ends at 2am.SurpriseIck!No

So consider this your final warning. It's time to trash your leftovers. No, you can no longer freeze them either. It will just delay the misery that lies under that plastic wrap. And if your DH is anything like mine, get rid of it all for their own good!! Because my husband firmly believes if you can't see anything growing, it must be OK to eat.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: If you haven't already, please toss T-day leftovers!!!

• um so i definitely eat leftovers for too long then! eek! i almost ate some turkey & dressing tonight too! into the trash they go! Smile
  • Everything has been eaten except for the pies and no way I'm tossing the 2 slices of apple pie that are left.  It's too good!  (I had some for dessert tonight and it's still yummy...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ewww I threw everything out days ago!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol, this whole thread makes me laugh...I make all my meals for the week (6 a day) on Sunday and eat them until the next Sunday! I have yet to get sick, but I better knock on some wood!
  • Oops.  I just munched on some leftover dressing during lunch. 
  • imagelibbyann:
    lol, this whole thread makes me laugh...I make all my meals for the week (6 a day) on Sunday and eat them until the next Sunday! I have yet to get sick, but I better knock on some wood!

I think that's totally different. Preparing food in a safe manner and then keeping it chilled until eaten poses a rather low risk for bacterial contamination and growth. Eating stuffing that was picked at by a dozen people, left out for 3 hours and then put back in the fridge for 5-6 days... Ick!

Joyco - If you insist. But when you have explosive diarrhea and your big girl panties end up being a big girl diaper, don't come crying to me Wink

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yum! I think I'll go dig out a piece of pumpkin pie Stick out tongue 

I know the 3-5 day rule, and depending on the food, usually toss at 3-5. Sometimes, bad. Okay, often I'm bad. And I'm seriously heading for pie.  

• Thanks for the reminder!

I ate leftovers for the 6th day in a row on Tues.  I'm like your DH though- if it's not green, it's good!  Growing up if there was food, it better not go to waste.

DH gave our dog the rest of the turkey this morning. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"