November 2011 Moms
Options

out and about

When will you take LO out?  I also have a two year old and she is itching to go out. What do you think?

Re: out and about

• Options

I have a 2 year old too, so we have HAD to get out.  I just don't take the baby out of his car seat or carrier and I keep him covered so no one tries to look at him or breathe on him.

We went to story time at the library today and then out for lunch, DS1 LOVED it.  He has been getting cranky being in the house so much. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Depends where, who else will be there and the weather. I took LO to visit Grandma 45 min away when he was about a week old. By the time he was a month we had been to Walgreens, the mall, the school where I teach and a few other places. We go out for walks in the stroller too when it's warm enough. We walked 4 mi yesterday!

He starts daycare on Monday since I have to go back to work.  

So far LO is healthy as a horse so I guess leaving the house isn't the worst thing for newborns :) I would never have survived these past 6 weeks being inside all the time with him! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, we stopped at rite aid on the way home from the hospital...I took him out for trips to the store shopping for groceries and baby needs the first week. I just put him in my moby wrap no one touched baby, most people didn't even notice the baby. Week 2 we went to dinner a few times and we brought the baby to muppet movie over the weekend....he did well, but probably stick with drive in movie because he started to wake up toward end of the movie...... I would be so bored if I didn't take the baby out a few times each week!
  • Options
    We bring the kids to church every week, but last weekend we also went out to dinner one night.  DD slept the entire time.  BTW I didn't realize there was another Delaware mom on the november board.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think we first went out (to somewhere other than the pedi) at about 2 weeks. We made a super-quick trip to Target. We also started taking walks in the neighborhood around that time, either in the Moby wrap or the stroller.

At around 4 weeks, we started going out more often, though usually just quick trips out to lunch or to the supermarket.

Now that LO is 6 weeks, we've taken him out to eat with us a couple times, or on longer trips to do several errands. This morning, he and I and DH all went out to breakfast, and LO did great! He mostly slept the whole time, but toward the end he woke up and spent some time looking around. He even made eye contact with another (older) baby at the next table! I'm so glad he is more mobile now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been going out since we left the hospital.  We don't like being cooped up.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our lo is 7 days old and we already have been on a road trip gone to birthday dinner. As long as you keep them covered and don't pass them around I think it is fine to get out.  She goes everywhere that we do.
  • Options
    We've taken LO to Target and Babies R Us a few times and we've gone out to dinner once per week and she comes with us.  She sleeps the entire time we are out and about...I don't think she likes the crowds so she just sleeps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm guilty of having my baby out quite a bit....I can't avoid most of it due to my other kids.  And they both have already been sick since I've had her, I just can't avoid those germs, so I've felt slightly better about taking her here and there as I need to!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have been out and about since Phin was 4 days old. Sleep deprivation was the only thing that kept us inside in the first few days.  He will be heading to daycare at 8 weeks old, so I don't see the point in keeping him inside until then.  When we are in public, he does not leave his carrier and I stare down any stranger who gawks or comes too close.  We also go on a few walks a day with our dog (DH is back to work).  I bundle him up and ensure he's warm enough, but I think the fresh air is good for both of us.  Soon we will have several feet of snow and freezing temperatures, so I'm taking advantage of the warmer weather while I can.

• Options
    we've been out and about quite a bit - to Target a few times, to Hobby Lobby, daycare to pick up DS, Kohl's, to meet friends and divide up farm share veggies, to the movies, out to dinner

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"