2nd Trimester

Chinese Gender Predictor Charts?

Hi Ladies,

I know this is a silly question but I am just wondering if anyone has tried one of those Chinese Gender Predictor Charts and if the results turned out to be accurate?  I want to find out the sex of our baby but I am only 9 weeks along.  I still have a long way to go!  I can't wait to know if it is a boy or a girl!  I'll be so happy no matter what the sex is but the suspense is killing me already! I just did one of those charts and it made me wonder how accurate could the results really be anyway!  I know it's only used for fun and there's probably only a 50/50 percent chance that it is actually "is" accurate.  I'm just curious who used one of these silly charts and if it turned out to be accurate when you found out the baby's sex?  Haha!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Chinese Gender Predictor Charts?

• I checked out the chinese chart, it says girl... 

and I looked at the bohemian chart... it says boy...

well, at least one will be right! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The bump one said girl and the ones that use an adjusted age said girl as did every OWT and online quiz (or too close to tell).  He's a definite boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I've done two of those charts.  One said a boy, and one said a girl :)  It's still fun to try that stuff out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used the chart on The Bump for both my PG.....both said boy....... and it now looks like I'm on my way to having my second girl........no luck onmy end.
  • I'd never heard of the bohemian one. Just tried that and it was right for my first two (both girls) and is the same as my intuition on #3 too. We'll see if it goes 3 for 3!

It was also right for all 3 of my mom's kids too. 

For the Chinese chart it was right with my first, but wrong with my second. It says girl for #3 (which is what the bohemian chart and my intuition also say). But we'll see ;-)

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • I am pissed at that Chart. I wanted to seriously follow it and so would only try when for the months that said girl (and succeeded in one of those months). Well, it's a boy!
  • the bump's chinese calendar turnedout to be the correct one for me. and i put in 4 other girlfriends of mine and a sister who have already had their baby..plugged them into the bump chinese gender calendar..and how weird but it was right for all them.other ones i tried on the web were not accurate. i did the bump's last. after i already found out. they are just for fun i think. but it was right for me and the other friends i plugged in. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Chinese gender chart was correct for my son, but it's incorrect for my current pregnancy.

You know, it's got a 50% chance of being right.

• It was correct for me! It said boy and a boy he will be!
  • It has been 100% correct for me.  It has been 100% wrong for my sister, and 50/50 for my sister in law.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the chinese gender chart but my conception fell right around my birthday, like the day before or the day after, so I don't really know if it worked.

It said that if I got pregnant before my birthday then I should be having a girl.  If I got pregnant after my birthday then I should be having a boy.  

I'm having a girl so maybe I got pregnant the day before my birthday. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • The chart said boy for me - but we are having a girl! :)
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • imageashunt279:

I did the chinese gender chart but my conception fell right around my birthday, like the day before or the day after, so I don't really know if it worked.

It said that if I got pregnant before my birthday then I should be having a girl.  If I got pregnant after my birthday then I should be having a boy.  

I'm having a girl so maybe I got pregnant the day before my birthday. 

This for me too!  And my birthday is the 1st of the month!  If it was before my birthday it was a boy and after it was a girl.   We had a girl so maybe i conceived on my birthday who knows!  Similar this time around not sure if conception was Aug/Sept.  Don't know what we're having yet tho find out a month from today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecbiewer:
    I am pissed at that Chart. I wanted to seriously follow it and so would only try when for the months that said girl (and succeeded in one of those months). Well, it's a boy!

hahaha - really??

• Depending on when we conceived (August or September), we could have a girl or a boy - but we're right on the line. My gut tells me a girl and I've been referring to baby as "she" now for a few weeks. I guess we'll have to wait and see - we're Team Green!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I used the bump chines gender chart & it said = GIRL----WRONG

I then used a chart online, by searching: gender prediction  it used your last menstrual cycle & date of birth.  

I tried 2 different ones & they both said= BOY----RIGHT!!  

My friend did they same & she already new her sex of her twins & the Bump predicted hers wrong too, but the online chart predicted right for her boys.

It's always 50/50 odds... Also, I am on the March 2012 board & we all tried to find correlation between HB rate & gender & that ALSO is not very good predictor. I know it sucks waiting & guessing, I didn't read to much into the charts but it was fun to do :-)

Do you feel that you are carrying a certain gender; boy or girl? 

• No it was wrong for me

BabyFruit Ticker

• The chinese chart was soooooo wrong for me...it said girl..i'm having a boy!
  • According to it, 2 of my boys are penis-less and as for the 1st boy, who knows because apparently the Chinese don't believe in teenage pregnancy.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not that I believe in the chart, but the bump chart doesn't explain that you need to use your lunar age, and your conception date based on a lunar calendar when using the chart. You can google "lunar Chinese gender chart" to see a list of all the rules.

I'm always curious about whether the people who answer these polls accurately found the right spot on the chart. 

• imageHannahO28:

Not that I believe in the chart, but the bump chart doesn't explain that you need to use your lunar age, and your conception date based on a lunar calendar when using the chart. You can google "lunar Chinese gender chart" to see a list of all the rules.

I'm always curious about whether the people who answer these polls accurately found the right spot on the chart. 

I know about lunar age and it is still 100% wrong.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It was right for us... said boy and we're having a boy!
    BabyName Ticker Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I did it once just guessing on the lunar age, and it was wrong but when i had it calculate my true lunar age it was right :) 
  • It was right for me,  but I didn't know about the lunar age thing.  Hmmm have to try it that way.

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

• Did one from the bump, it said boy, then another one from babycenter.com said girl. I do not trust it. Finding out next wk Tuesday the gender, do no not care either way. Just want a healthy, normal and happy baby. Already have a wonderful 4yrs old boy.

• I used the one on the bump and it says I'm having a boy, and that is what I'm having... lucky guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Both charts said a boy for me and we are definitely having two girls. So yeah, it couldn't have ben less accurate haha.
    IUI #1 and #2 = BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN, no frosties

IVF #2 = BFP!! TWINS!!! Born 3/9/12

FET #1 = BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I looked at 2 different ones.  They both said girl which was correct!

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • With DS I did every chart and they all said Boy. This time around I again have done them all and they all are saying Girl. We don't have our 20 wk appt until Jan 2 so I guess we will see if they are correct then. The waiting is killing me. I so badly want to go shopping for little baby clothes, but refuse to buy anything until we find out the sex and see if all is well in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"